You added Red Roof Inn Washington DC - Columbia / Fort Meade to your Saves list
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   8000 Washington Boulevard, Jessup, MD 20794   |
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Jessup
“Decent room”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

Despite the recent negative reviews, we found the room pretty clean. There was some dust on the furniture all around, but nothing else. Bed linen was clean, towels and bathroom clean too.AC worked good and wasn't loud .For a night you get a decent bed and room.

Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
RRI187MGR, Manager at Red Roof Inn Washington DC - Columbia / Fort Meade, responded to this review, August 4, 2014
Thank you for the review and the travel tips , we appreciate customer feedback , and also thanks for staying with us at the Red Roof Inn, Jessup, MD.

Please feel free to stay again when your travels bring you to the area .

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Baltimore, Maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

I stayed for 1 night. There was constant activity. People hang outside the doors. it is newly renovated but still bug infested. I was awaken at least three times by a crawling critter of some sort. Beware, Beware, Beware!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
I want to sincerely apologize for your unpleasant stay at my property , My team and I have reviewed your survey and are striving to make improvements so if your back in this area again we would be very grateful if you could give us another chance to serve you .

Travelers are raving about these Jessup hotels

New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

I dont know where to begin.
○ Called the desk for better directions, they never answered.
○ Had 2 rooms booked via Expedia rooms were not next to each other.
○ One room smelled like animals, since they allow pets.
○ Upon complaint and after spraying with Fabreez (did not work) their excuse, "maybe the room was not cleaned properly" that was it.
○ second room had mold in bathroom, spilled coffee on night stand never cleaned from previous person stay
○ Toilet was filthy
We left the next morning and they would not refund our second night. But thats how bad it was, I could not stay there another night.
I have never stayed at a Red Roof Inm, and never will again. I was better off paying another $30 bucks more a night and we stayed at the Sheraton Hotel.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for choosing the Red Roof Inn, Jessup, MD. for your lodging needs. The staff and management are always striving to provide all of our guests with the friendliest service and most satisfying experience possible.

We appreciate you taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay with us and are sorry to hear that it fell short of your expectations.

Your comments on the staff experience, room cleanliness and overall the service you received are certainly not typical, and I will be certain to raise your experience with our front desk team. Appropriate measures will be taken to address the problem that occurred during your stay to prevent any future occurrence.

Again, thank you for taking the time to fill out a review and we look forward to serving you again in the near future.
Washington, DC
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

I stayed here the weekend of May 30th. I arrived late and dealt with a tall African man who was the least accomodating. He is rude and has a "too bad if you don't like it attitude." He made excuses for whatever was wrong with the reservation and will try to cheat you out of your money. They do not do their job but make sure to shake you down on the room rate even if you have a reservation. Don't stare here. My room smelled like weed or cigarette smoke and the comforter had a cigarette hole in it--yet the hotel is 100% smoke free. I think the guy's name is Abdul or Abe--something like that...

• Stayed May 2014
RRI187MGR, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Washington DC - Columbia / Fort Meade, responded to this review, June 11, 2014
Thank you for submitting a review on your stay at our hotel. I must apologize for not meeting your needs. We have taken note of all issues you described and will ensure that these are resolved. Your comments are taken seriously and we will address each issue with urgency. Thank you very much for staying with us again, i am sure you will have a much different experience if you decide to stay with us again. Thank you again and we hope to see you soon on your next trip to the area.
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2014

I got a secret deal for four nights for only $188 and was a bit apprehensive. The reviews weren't that great after the motel was revealed but the location was good. Mainly there were complaints of the heavy smoking odors in the entire 100% non-smoking complex. However, to my joy, the room was freshly cleaned and the puffers did their thing in the parking lot. I liked the manufactured hardwood floors throughout the room with just carpeting under the beds.

There's no breakfast and long term residents seem to live on the back side. One had a dog, another was BBQing, and I could have sworn that I even smelled Indian curry. Also Comcast utility line workers, with many many boom trucks, were parked after a long day of work too.

None of this bothered me as much as logging on for the free wifi. Unlike McCafe or Starbuck's, it was not a simple click of "I Accept" but routed one around and around to get the security certificate first.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Thank you for submitting a review on your stay. Glad you found our newly renovated rooms to be clean. We have taken note of the other issues you mentioned and will put great effort into eliminating them.We surely enjoyed serving you. We are committed to pleasing our guests. Thank you again and hope to see you on your next trip to Maryland
Astor, FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2014

We like Red Roof Inns because of the pet friendly policy. This night I didn't have an opportunity to check on the reviews for this property before we checked in but we we're pleased with our stay.
Our room was very clean. It must have been newly renovated. It was also very quiet. The bathroom was spotless.
The only negative is one that is a pet peeve of mine with Red Roof Inns in general and that is the lack of any kind of breakfast. They offer coffee and tea. Other than that, nothing. Not even a newspaper.
Yes, we would stay there again if the occasion arises.

Room Tip: There are three levels to this property and it features outside corridors. If you need something on...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
RRI187MGR, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Washington DC - Columbia / Fort Meade, responded to this review, May 10, 2014
Thank you for submitting a review on your stay. Glad you found our newly renovated rooms to be clean. We surely enjoyed serving you. We are committed to pleasing our guests. Thank you again and hope to see you on your next trip to Maryland.
Charlottesville, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2014

This hotel is very misleading from their web site. The rooms are small, our room looked like someone had slept on the king bed when we arrived. The coffee maker was absolutely filthy with grease, dirt and grime on the water resovoir. The washcloth was black, literally when I tried to scrub the coffee maker oiff. There were only 2 small pillows on a King bed (and this was their "superior king room" and when I requested more, I was told that there were none as the hotel was full. Come on folks, this doesn't even begin to cover the bed! The front desk was secured like a fortress and when we went to check out the next morning, the door was locked and I had to wait at least 15 minutes for someone to show up while the guy who had been in the office the previous night chatted outside on his cell phone.

Room Tip: Stay at the nearby Holiday Inn, not here!
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write your review. Your review of the hotel is a very important tool that we use to let us know how well we are servicing our guests. I see that that we did not live up to your expectation of what is required of a Red Roof Inn, for that I sincerely apologize. Since your stay, we are working very hard to take care of those issues. We do hope you give us another chance on your next travels, Thank you again.

Been to Red Roof Inn Washington DC - Columbia / Fort Meade? Share your experiences!