“One of the worst stays ever” 1 of 5 stars

You added Red Roof Inn Washington DC - Columbia / Fort Meade to your Saves list
Red Roof Inn Washington DC - Columbia / Fort Meade
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   8000 Washington Boulevard, Jessup, MD 20794   |
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Jessup
“One of the worst stays ever”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013 via mobile

I echo the sentiments of other reviewers concerning safety. I stayed here a week and noticed trailor park types hanging outside, staring at customers and their cars.

I decided to park out front. I was amazed at the stories I heard about non customers hanging in the stairwells near elevators. Some homeless people hung out near the front parking lot and this was early morning.

My own experience--I was assigned a room on the third floor in the back. I heard (and when I looked outside my door, saw) the police come to the 3rd floor twice because of two drunk white men being loud, had his big tan dog scare people and run amuck without a leash (red roof supposed to have a weight limit to allowed pets--I will contact corporate); yelling swear words, telling details of his stories that no one wants to hear though you can hear through your wall. My room was near a stairwell near some out of place diner and I could hear these dirty drunkards from the other length of the floor. The front desk staff doesnt do any thing because they're scared of half the customers.

If you do stay here do not stay on the 1st or 3rd floor; your sleep will be disturbed nearly every night and your safety threatened by trailor park who mark the floors with foul behavior like its gang territory. I think the other reviewers are right these people live here because they ACT like it---the hotel is THEIR home and other guests don't have any rights to safety or peace and quiet after payong hard earned money for a service. This is totally unacceptable. You can tell the manager ONLY cares about money. This location severely tarnished Red Roof Inn's brand image. Do not stay here. If you have to use some points go to the BWI Red Roof or the one in Laurel between Cherry Hill lane and the exits to 295 south.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank TravelingTheorist
RRI187MGR, Manager at Red Roof Inn Washington DC - Columbia / Fort Meade, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Thank you for your response. I am sorry to hear that you did not have the experience that our guests have come to expect from our hotel. The safety of our guests are our top priority and I will investigate to find out what happened to cause you to be checked into an occupied room and will ensure that this is corrected for the future. I will also be sure to share the rest of your comments with our front desk staff as a training tool to improve our service. We appreciate you choosing us and hope that you will give us an opportunity to better serve you in the future.

Bryan, TX
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

Originally I booked a stay here for a whole week based on the reviews of other travelers -- it looked decent enough. When I checked in there was someone paying their "rent" in the lobby. The first floor had a couple of units where the people were milling around outside with several small kids -- one had a tricycle and some outside toys. Overall, I had the impression that people lived here. The room itself was recently remodeled but smelled heavily of cigarette smoke and alcohol. It smelled like someone had spilled a bottle or two of cheap wine though I could not find any evidence of it. We had requested a fridge and a microwave that were both in the room. They were clean but very small. There was not a coffee pot or a hair dryer in the room. I'm not sure if this is typical of this chain or not. The morning we checked out, there was a man lingering in the walkway who approached us about buying a GPS from him -- when told no, he asked for money -- when told no, he moved on to another person leaving the hotel. When I checked in, I paid for 6 nights -- stayed 1. When I checked out, the office staff did not give me any grief about refunding the nights I did not use. This experience may be due to the area of Jessup, MD -- I am not sure as this was my first trip to the area; however, based on this experience, I most likely will not stay at this chain again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank mrs_bdp
Thank you for your response. I am sorry to hear that you did not have the experience that our guests have come to expect from our hotel. The safety of our guests are our top priority and I will investigate! We do have guest that stay long term at our property, most are very friendly and harmless, and this has come to be their temporary home. I will share your concerns and the rest of your comments with all my staff as a training tool to improve our service. We appreciate you choosing us and hope that you will give us an opportunity to better serve you in the future.

Raneeka Boulhassane
GM

Travelers are raving about these Jessup hotels

3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

I stayed here over one weekend. It was a terrible experience. She has an odd wide eyed crazy look and stares at each person as if she hates her job and doesn't want to wait on you. She was incompetent and had no answers for any questions regarding amenities, change for money, lack of supplies in the room. Her response was rude and condescending thinly veiled arrogance even though SHE was unorganized and ill-prepared for the guests. My stay would've been fine if she was NOT the front desk person.

Lots of ghetto men bothering random guests.

Prison on 175, how fitting.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Travelnihilist
I appreciate your concerns, and I truly apologize for the experience you had here, I’m sure the front desk person may have meant well, but unfortunately it fell below your standards and for that I truly hope you except my apology on behalf of my entire staff.

It is always our number one priority to satisfy our customers and deliver exceptional customer service.

I have taken some additional training steps to avoid this from happening with you or any other valued guest that stay with us. I hope to not lose you as a guest.

If you would like to speak with me further about this situation please feel free to contact me via email or at the property.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

After staing at the extended stay down the road and experienced the terrible service from Shazi we moved here.. I just love it. nice, clean, friendly staff but most of all quiet thanks to the concrete build its worth not having a kitchenette!

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Tkillas
I appreciate your comments regarding your recent stay at the Red Roof Inn, In Jessup, MD We always enjoy hearing about the positive experiences our guests have at our hotels.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

i travel alot due to my profesion and this is the best redroof inn i stay in. My check in was nice and fast. Delmy was very pleasant and extremely profesionala lways had a smile on her face that could light up the whole lobby. Delmy walked me to the procces if checking in. The location of this hotel is great. The staff is very friendly i would stay here again the rooms a large and clean. Once againg thank you Delmy you are the best. Keep up the good work.

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank joquintanilla85
RRI187MGR, Manager at Red Roof Inn Washington DC - Columbia / Fort Meade, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
I am so glad to hear you had a great experience at our property. It's always a pleasure to hear when one of our staff is able to deliver exceptional customer service and really make a guest happy. I'll be sure to let Delmy know how much you appreciated her service.I sure this will encourage her to keep up the good work.

Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you again the next time your travel plans bring you to our area!

From Management and Staff,
at Red Roof, Columbia / Jessup
newark
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

I'm glad I read the reviews about this red roof . My check-in was nice and fast. I'm sorry I didn't get the young lady name who checked us in . Very pleasant young lady. I was pleased with my room. This is my first time staying at the newly renovated red roof. I traveled with 4 kids. The. Bed was very comfy. I would choose this inn again. I love the fact that there is not a carpet anymore.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
I am very happy to hear that you were pleased with your stay. As a brand, we have listened to our guests and designed our rooms to meet and exceed their needs.

I will be sure to share your feedback with the staff as encouragement them to keep up their good work. We look forward to you next stay with us so we can continue to meet and exceed your expectations.

We appreciate your business and hope to see you again soon!
Pasadena, Maryland, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

I had a free pass to the Red Roof Inn for the evening. I stopped at several of thier properties several of which were highly non satisfactory! However, This property in Jessup had a wonderful staff ...as i was close to home i didnt really have to stay but they were so polite and accomodating that i was more then happy to spend the night at this location. Large rooms, clean, friendly and safe...One of the best hotel experiences I have had with this chain! And PET FRIENDLY!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you for taking time to post such a nice review about our hotel. I am glad you liked our nice, clean newly renovated rooms and the experience you had with our helpful staff.

By your kind words you are helping others to make a good decision about staying with us also during their travels.

Raneeka B
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jessup
La Quinta Inn & Suites Columbia Jessup
Comfort Suites Columbia Gateway
Holiday Inn Columbia East - Jessup
Sleep Inn Jessup
Sleep Inn Jessup
#2 of 8 in Jessup
4.0 of 5 stars 51 reviews
Red Roof PLUS+ Baltimore - Washington DC/BWI Airport
Red Roof PLUS+ Baltimore - Washi...
#10 of 29 in Linthicum Heights
4.0 of 5 stars 457 reviews
Quality Inn near Ft Meade

Been to Red Roof Inn Washington DC - Columbia / Fort Meade? Share your experiences!