“Friendly and Effiect Staff” 5 of 5 stars

You added Red Roof Inn Washington DC - Columbia / Fort Meade to your Saves list
Red Roof Inn Washington DC - Columbia / Fort Meade
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   8000 Washington Boulevard, Jessup, MD 20794   |
Ranked #4 of 8 hotels in Jessup
“Friendly and Effiect Staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013 via mobile

I recently was in the Jessup area due to a death in the family & had not made reservation but, was looking for something afforadable. I was initially hesitant about staying at a red roof however I was extremely pleasantly surprised. I had the pleasure of having the manager Ranieka check me. She was helpful and friendly and gave great customer service; She even extended me a late checkout too convenient me. I would definelty recommend this hotel.

• Stayed February 2013
RRI187MGR, Manager at Red Roof Inn Washington DC - Columbia / Fort Meade, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our Inn and your experience. I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed positive interaction with all of our associates as well as myself. Our guests’ satisfaction is our number one priority, and we are happy to hear your expectations are always met. I hope you wil continue to stay with us, during your visits to Maryland or the DC area.

We look forward to your return!

GM

61 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Columbia, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

I stayed here for 3 weeks while looking for a house due to a job transfer from Texas. All of the staff was great but Delmy stood out from all the rest. She was alway polite, courteous and had a smile ready to greet you when you walked through the door. She help me navigate my way around a new city by giving me or printing out directions to places I needed to go. She made wonderful suggestions on places to eat.

Room Tip: The average rating for cleanliness was only due to they were remodeling the rooms and they had large...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
RRI187MGR, Manager at Red Roof Inn Washington DC - Columbia / Fort Meade, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
We sincerely thank you for your review about our property, I am very happy that your stay here was a good one! I will also make sure the staff here is aware of your kind remarks.

We look forward to servicing you again, we have since completed our renovation and would be happy for you to see the outcome of that.

We appreciate your business and look forward to your return!

From the staff at Red Roof, Jessup, MD.
Chantilly, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

The receptionist Delmy was very nice, sympathetic and cordial at the same time. I got to the hotel too early for check-in but I needed to be online for my work and she understood my situation . She worked with me so I didn’t have rush in frantic to find another hotel.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to do a review. We appreciate your comments regarding your recent stay with us. We always enjoy hearing about the positive experiences our guests have with us. I will make sure to share your comments with my staff. We look forward to seeing you in your future travels.

From the Staff at Red Roof, Jessup, MD
Marietta, Georgia, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

Tried to check in at 2:45 pm and was told that check in was not until 3:00. Clerk said to come back at 3:00 and she would see if a room was available. Went back to lobby at 3:00 and was told that room was not ready and I should come back at 3:30. Really? So if I come back at 3:30 are you going to tell me to come back at 4:00? When I ask how it was possible that not one room was clean at 3:10 pm. I was told that there was other hotels in the area and I could leave and go to one of them. Are you kidding me? Really? You don't need my business? Maybe that is why your parking lot and rooms are empty! The clerk was as rude and mean as anyone I have ever seen in the hospitallity business, she was actually hostile and very argumentative. There was no way I was going to stay here after my confrontation with this angry person! I'm still trying to figure out why someone with this type of personality would ever be in the hotel business. I know that I cannot be the first person to complain about this woman being so unaccommodating. I decided to leave and went to the Red Roof Inn in Hanover, Md. and found that the staff there was just the opposite, very friendly, and efficient. Also the hotel is much nicer and cleaner and in a much better neighborhood. If you have to choose between these two hotels, the choice should be very easy!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
RRI187MGR, Manager at Red Roof Inn Washington DC - Columbia / Fort Meade, responded to this review, February 15, 2013
I just wanted to reach out to you once again and apologize for the experience you had while trying to check in our property. Although we are under renovation I feel terrible that you feel you were not treated like a valued guest and that we were not able to accommodate you at that time.

You are a valued guest to us, hopefully you will return so we can show you a better experience.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013 via mobile

I have stayed at other RR locations and prefer this one, primarily because of staff. There are two employees, Sharvonne and Laverne who provide excellent service. They are willing to talk to customers even when tired and dealing with other people. I noticed they are always checking and organizing the lobby and adding treats for guests to pick up who are getting coffee or waiting for their transaction to be completed. They are clear when explaining policies, rooms and rates. They go out their way to make guests comfortable. I'd recommend this location to others.

• Stayed December 2012
Thank you for your review. It's always a pleasure to hear when we've met the expectations of our guests. I will be sure to share your comments with our staff as encouragement to continue the good work.

We continuously strive to meet and exceed guest expectations, so it is always nice to hear when we have done so.

morganville NJ
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

The nonsmoking nose knows when a room has been recently smoked in and Room 216 is such a room. Since we arrived tired after midnight we lived with it and it was not overpowering; but such a room should no longer be listed as non-smoking.
Room had partial upgrade: mid size fridge; microwave; safe; large screen TV but not the wood look floor or new sink,also new plastic stairs.
King room has lots of space for dog crate. Dog walking much safer in back as front has small grassy area east of parking lot then grass drops off to USHwy 1.
Really basic amenities: soap, shampoo, not even Red Roof tissues here. This motel did participate in Cyber Monday 30% off sale so chose it over preferred LaQuinta

• Stayed December 2012
RRI187MGR, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Washington DC - Columbia / Fort Meade, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to review Red Roof Inn, Columbia\ Jessup.

Red Roof, loves pets and were glad you found the room accommodable, we are exspecting a renovation very soon, which should be completed by spring. So I truely hope your travels bring you back this way so that you may see the changes we made.

Thank you again for sharing you experience.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012 via mobile

Stayed over the holiday,great service, very friendly staff and clean room. A little out dated, but will definitely stay again and I also wanna say thank you to the staff and manager for making me feel at home and yes I highly recommend this hotel Red Roof inn jessup! Great place to stay once again thank you

• Stayed December 2012
Thank you so much for the five star review, I'm glad you were able to enjoy your stay at our property. Your comments about the service you recieved will be shared with the team.

Thank you again for taking the time to post your experience with us here at the Red Roof Inn, Columbia/Jessup, we look forward to your return.

Raneeka B

Been to Red Roof Inn Washington DC - Columbia / Fort Meade? Share your experiences!