“Excellent Manager & Staff!” 5 of 5 stars

Red Roof Inn Washington DC - Columbia / Fort Meade
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   8000 Washington Boulevard, Jessup, MD 20794   |
Ranked #4 of 8 hotels in Jessup
Jessup, Maryland
“Excellent Manager & Staff!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

The Manager Raneeka Boulhassane and her front desk staff go out of their way to ensure that the needs of the residents are met. Additionally I would like to take a moment and comment on your housekeeper "Mariela" for the awesome job she does at the Red Roof Inn. Mariela cleans each room as though it were her own home, she takes pride in her work and always has a smile on her face. If it were possible to be awared "Employee of the Month" I truly believe she would hold that titleas long as she is employed. My hat goes of to such an exceptional woman and may others learn from her example. Hats off to the Manager!

Connie Johnson #122

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
RRI187MGR, Manager at Red Roof Inn Washington DC - Columbia / Fort Meade, responded to this review, December 11, 2012
Thank you so much for your kind words! I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and received the service you so much deserve as a valued guest of ours. I sincerely appreciate you choosing to stay with Red Roof, Jessup. I will pass your comments on to my team as I am sure they will be even more motivated to continue providing great experiences for our guests.

Raneeka B

61 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Elkridge, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

The front desk staff is awesome and very polite using your last name and Mr. or Mrs. before speaking with you! The manager (Raneeka Boulhassne) is unparalleled in making sure that her customers and staff have what is needed to every request. Our cleaning lady (Mariela) took such care in cleaning our room as if she were cleaning her own home which is extremely impressive. Hats off to such a wonderful job in maintaining an awesome hotel and the manager should take a bow!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
RRI187MGR, Manager at Red Roof Inn Washington DC - Columbia / Fort Meade, responded to this review, September 10, 2012
I just want to take the time to thank you for such a wonderful review about our Hotel and staff, We are in the business of customer service and doing our best to please our guest and we survive everyday towards that. But it is always nice to be reminder that we are appreciated.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012 via mobile

Great place to stay. Fantastic value a lot of bang for your buck! Clean rooms!! Safe location with cameras in parking lot! Short distance from great restaurants and interstates! Have smoking and non smoking rooms.

• Stayed August 2012
Thank you very much for taking the time to let us know that your stay was comfortable, clean and welcoming, it is customers like you that make our jobs all worthwhile. We are in the business of hospitality to serve you our guest, so when we are acknowledged, it really feels great!

Ozark, Alabama, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

Stayed here just one night but will return if ever in the area. Great beds, great tv, great staff on site. Rooms were clean and ready when we got there, they welcomed us and overall, it was a great experience.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about your stay and experience here with the Red Roof, in Jessup, MD. It is not only our job but most of all our pleasure to insure that you have a pleasant, comfortable stay, with friendly helpful people to serve you.

It is customers like you that make it so easy for us to do our jobs! We appreciate your business and look forward to your return.

Raneeka B.
Fruitland, Maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

This hotel rates well below terrible.. No A/C, no towels in room, dirty everywhere, room phone unusable, clock broken, fan hummed louder than a Mack Truck, and no service from staff! Told room not changable! Last trip here.... and the shame is that this was, once upon a time, a great Red Roof. Red Roof needs to employ "Undercover Boss" at this one or change this location to a
"hourly rental" location which seemed to be the case anyway given the "all night" activity. Definately not a businessman's location or anywhere you would want to spend with family along!

Room Tip: I have spent many nights at Red Roofs.. usually always a good stay. Just NOT this one!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
RRI187MGR, Manager at Red Roof Inn Washington DC - Columbia / Fort Meade, responded to this review, September 24, 2012
Thank you very much for taking the time to express your feelings about your stay at our hotel. Please know that was not the typical service at our hotel, I certainly apologize for the inconvenience’s you experienced during your stay with us.

Please know that I have addressed every single one of your concerns and they have been corrected, I would like to invite you back to stay with us again.

Please reach out to me at the property directly, I will be happy to make the reservation for you.

Raneeka B.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2012 via mobile

Once in room we noticed cigarette hole in bed spread. When we tried to close bathroom door the metal molding on the carpet was bent up off floor so much door wouldn't close. Only ice machine in 3 story motel was next to office on 1st floor. No coffee machine.

• Stayed April 2012
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2012

I booked my stay at the Red Roof Inn Columbia, MD location on line, I was apprehensive at first because I have heard such horror stories. But I gave it a shot ... and boy was I on the money!! My reason was due to relocation to MD from Nashville, TN and needed a temporary place until my house was complete for move in..We stayed for 6 weeks !!!!. I nor my spouse can say anything negative about our stay!!..... The staff ( all of the maids, maintenance, well just let me say the entire staff day and night ), were friendly, helpful and so accommodating to our every need, anything extra we needed was provided. We were always greeted with a smile!!!
The room was spacious and clean, it was non smoking and it DID NOT smell like an ashtray !!! plenty of lighting and the linens were fresh and very clean. We had a King bed and it was very comfortable and the pillows were new and firm not stained or out of shape. The TV was a bit outdated but it served it's purpose. Free HBO !!
I had a Fridge and Micro in my room, had plenty of work space and the Internet was FREE a plus in my book!!!

Ms. R. Boulhassane has a wonderful staff working in her hotel and I would stay here again if the need were to arise, I would recommend the facility to anyone visiting or staying in the Baltimore area, the location is easily accessible to the I- 95 corridor, there are plenty of nearby attractions and restaurants including Dave's Diner right next door. The Columbia Mall is also nearby, all in all, a great location.

Kudos to Red Roof Inn,
Mr and Mrs Velez-Lorenzo

Room Tip: Back rooms are non smoking and no traffic noise
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Red Roof Inn Washington DC - Columbia / Fort Meade? Share your experiences!