“Good and not so good place to stay.” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #6 of 8 hotels in Jessup
Hillside, New Jersey
“Good and not so good place to stay.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Travelling back home from North Carolina, we stopped at a welcome station. We looked at the Red Book (Hotel coupons) and found this Comfort Inn north of DC for only $69.99 a night. The young lady at the front desk was very accommodating and pleasant. We needed two rooms, one handicapped accessible. She was able to accommodate us for the same discounted rate. She even offered to go with my brother (who is handicapped) to the room to make sure that everything was okay for him.

While the rooms were clean, they need to be updated. The rugs are old, some stains on them as well. The handicapped room was at the far end of the hall. For someone who has difficulty walking, it was clear the room was located in the wrong part of the hotel (design flaw). Breakfast was the usual fare; however, the eggs were very salty.

There were plusses and minuses. For the rate and after an 8 hour drive, it was okay.

Room Tip: You need a coupon for each room you need.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
K P, Manager at Comfort Inn Ft. Meade-Savage Mill, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Thank you very much for taking time to survey our hotel on trip advisory. We will definitely work on the comments and suggestions you made. Thanks again for your business and will see you soon.

52 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Easton, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I reserved this hotel on Priceline and was not able to see the hotel until after I already purchased it. The price was cheap, but I guess you get what you paid for. The staff was ok, but the room was horrible. The rugs were old, the room smelled old and musty. There were ants crawling all over the place. I was scared to sit my suitcase on the floor because of the ants and the rug looked about 30 years old and looked like it was never cleaned. The wallpaper was peeling off of the walls The shower did not look clean and the toilet seat was broken, there was blood on the sheets of one of the beds. I also did not like the fact that there was an adjacent door, which connected to someone elses bedroom, that was a little freaky to me since I was there with my 2 children. Needless to say, I would not be staying there again and I would not recommend this place to anyone. Consumer beware of this hotel!!!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
K P, General Manager at Comfort Inn Ft. Meade-Savage Mill, responded to this review, 1 week ago
I apologize on behalf of my entire team for failing to exceed your expectations. I went over the problems that you mentioned with my entire team to make sure repeatation doesn't occur. I will also mention If you would have suggest this issue while you were our guest and we could have made your saty enjoyable. I am very certain that you will give us another chance.

GM

Travelers are raving about these Jessup hotels

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Very clean hotel. We had great time with comfort inn hotel and their staff is very knowledgeable. Hot breakfast was very good. The room was very quite, great neighbor hood. Location is not right of 95 which is minus but not too far from 95. I would love to stay again at this location.

• Stayed July 2014
K P, Manager at Comfort Inn Ft. Meade-Savage Mill, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Thank you for your feedback and We are very glad you had a great stay. We will see you again.

Louisville
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I reserved this hotel through Priceline, so I had no chance to review TripAdvisor ratings beforehand. I hope this review can save a few people from the mistake of booking this hotel.

I was greeted by a friendly desk clerk who informed me that they didn't have the queen room that I'd reserved through Priceline, and that a double or king room would cost me $6 more per night. In all my years of dealing with Priceline, I've never been charged more for a room than the price they quoted. I've lodged a complaint with the company. Rather than risk a prolonged dispute in the lobby, I accepted the desk clerk's proposal.

My room smelled musty - and no wonder. A leak from the bathroom above mine had soaked the ceiling tiles above my bathroom. The carpet in my room was dirty, and didn't appear to have been vacuumed. At least the bed and bathroom appeared clean.

The hotel's key system apparently resets daily - and I had to return to the front desk twice to have my keycard reset.

I passed on the hotel's meager breakfast and walked to a nearby fast food restaurant.

In sum, this hotel fails to measure up to Comfort Inn standards and I'm surprised it's franchise hasn't been lifted. Shame on Choice Hotels for allowing this place to represent their brand!

The extra-cost room is a scam and I hope Priceline will put a stop to it - or I'll need to reserve elsewhere. I've generally been happy with their service, and the hotels they've booked.

Room Tip: If you MUST stay here, be sure the rate you were quoted when booking is what you'll be paying...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
K P, Manager at Comfort Inn Ft. Meade-Savage Mill, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
I would like to apologize for failing to exceed your expectations and list of problems you had to face. We are here to make sure our guests always have their stay most enjoyable and your feedbacks always help us making sure we are doing the right job. Please consider our apology once again and give us a chance to serve you once again.

Sinecerly

Chester, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

We checked in at 3:30 and checked out at 10:15. Upon entering our room, it was just as muggy inside as outside. Turning on the A/C did not help with the humidity or the smell in the room. Also, gnats were flying around in our room. There was mold in the bathroom, which my son is allergic to! Just sitting on the bed, you could feel and hear the springs move. After much consideration, we knew we would have to pay for one night and we decided to check out. Once we returned to check out, it did not help that someone was sitting in the lobby (which was very small) cleaning their toenails. The hotel and location were a major turnoff. Will never stay in another Comfort Inn again. The new hotel we checked into was a much better experience. I would recommend that the hotel at least turn on the a/c before customers check into their rooms!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
K P, Manager at Comfort Inn Ft. Meade-Savage Mill, responded to this review, June 19, 2014
Dear Sir/Madam,

I would like to thank you for taking time to share your experience and also wanna apologize for list of problems mentioned. Please accept my sincere apology on behalf of our hotel. Your suggestions and feedback tell us what we are doing wrong and what wwe are doing right. We would like to serve you in future if you are in the area next time and if you decide to stay with us.

Allentown
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

I had stayed here last week, the experience was great. The staff was very helpful. Clean place. Hot breakfast was very satisfactory. I would love to stay here again if I am in the area again. Amminities are also good.

• Stayed May 2014
Thank you for your feedback.

Montgomery, Alabama
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

We stayed at this Comfort Inn and were very disappointed. We had a nonsmoking room but it reeked of cigarette smoke. The tub was not clean, fixtures in the tub needed repair, mold on the top of the tub. The carpet was not clean and had a gross stain. They offered breakfast but all I wanted to do was check out as soon as possible. When we got to the check out desk we saw what they called a breakfast. There was hardly anything to eat at 7:00 am. There was no one at the front desk, had to wait on worker. When he arrived he acted like he was not sure how to check us out. Industrial area. Looked out the window and there was a car repair shop as a view. Do not stay.

Room Tip: Stay at a hotel that has a no smoking policy for the entire hotel.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
K P, Manager at Comfort Inn Ft. Meade-Savage Mill, responded to this review, May 28, 2014
Dear sir/ Madam,

I'm concerned about the list of problems you experienced at our hotel during your recent visit. I'm writing to thank you for taking the time to bring this matter to my attention. We accommodate many guests each evening, and we strive to make their stay a satisfying one. The principal goal of our hotel is to provide dependable service to all of our guests at reasonable prices. Consequently, it's disappointing to learn that you're unhappy.

Please accept my sincere apology.

I want you to know that the comments and suggestions we receive from our
guests are taken seriously. They tell us what we're doing right, what we're
doing wrong and how we can improve. Your willingness to share your recent experience is genuinely appreciated. Please be assured that the issues you've raised have been addressed, and the appropriate action has been taken. Again, I want to thank you for taking the time to share your concerns with us. We look forward to serving your future lodging needs.

GM

Been to Comfort Inn Ft. Meade-Savage Mill? Share your experiences!