“Decent Motel” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Jessup
Baltimore, Maryland
“Decent Motel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

This is a decent motel and you get what you pay for. Rooms are clean and decent, although the decor appears to be worn and somewhat old. I spent 3 nights at this motel and found it to be better than most I had been to lately. Breakfast was okay and there's lots of places to eat mostly within walking distance but, It is located on a busy highway and right next to an exit. Not too far from the historic Savage Mill, maybe a 5-10 minute drive.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Beaufort, SC
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

As an active duty Marine aviator, I have stayed at my fair share of hotels around the world. For the price, I can honestly say this is the worst hotel for the price that I have ever stayed in.

The room was small, dirty, and had a cheap motel smell to it - all standard for this type of hotel. What made the experience memorable - I had returned home from deployment and was bringing my new family (7 month old daughter) back to my duty station from their hometown. I called the hotel as soon as I got off of I-95 and booked a room. When I got there 5 minutes later, the front desk person was nowhere to be found for approximately 25 minutes. When she did arrive, she refused to give me a military discount because she said that I had already made the reservation and she couldn't change it. #1 and 2 bad taste in my mouth. She could not figure out the roll away crib so I went into the storage room to retrieve it myself. She then gave us a room next to a contractor that had approximately 7-8 other people sitting outside on his pickup truck drinking beer and otherwise being loud - again, I had a newborn baby on her second road trip - again, generally poor service.

The next morning, I spoke with the General Manager who was at the desk for checkout. I asked if I had received a military discount - knowing full well that I did not. The manager proceeded to lie directly to my face - after some pointed questions in which she made up more lies directly to my face - I decided it was not the effort and that I would take the time to write a detailed review on the place. As a Marine, if there is something that I can not stand, it is people that are dishonest and lack integrity. Overall, not-military friendly, dirty, cheap room. I only picked this hotel because I had my dog with me as well - and was bumping up against I-95 rush hour traffic with a newborn ready for bed.

Small, dirty, cheap motel - worst of all - the management and desk employees were unprofessional, unaccommodating, and, worst of all, liars.

DO NOT STAY HERE - I AM FILING AN OFFICIAL COMPLAINT WITH CORPORATE

Semper Fidelis

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
ComfortInnFTMH, Public Relations Manager at Comfort Inn Ft. Meade-Savage Mill, responded to this review, November 26, 2013
I would like to apologize on behalf of my staff for your poor experience at our hotel. We strive to make our guests stay as pleasant and hassle free as possible. We have investigated this review and have taken steps to re-train our staff on customer service so an incident like this does not occur again. Once more, I apologize for your experience. If you are in the area gain we would like to provide you with an improved experience at our facility.

Management
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013 via mobile

Business close to the hotel was noisy and woke me at 7am. The hotel is on a one way highway and requires some complicated turns to get back to the shopping areas The room was large and spacious but the bathroom was small. The breakfast was quite tasty and fresh. Hotel was clean and staff was friendly

• Stayed September 2013
Dallas, TX
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

This is a crap hotel in a suspect area south of BWI. The hotel desk clerk argued with me about a pre-paid reservation saying there was no possible way that could have been done. They proceeded to charge me AGAIN for the room that was already pre-paid and made no apologies about it.

Again, rude staff, dirty hotel and NO ELEVATOR!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
ComfortInnFTMH, Manager at Comfort Inn Ft. Meade-Savage Mill, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
I am very sorry to hear that you had problems while you stayed with us. After seeing your feed back we did take a look in this problem and we have tried to resolved. If you come in the area again give a chance to provide a service.
Aurora, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

First off, all the staff were great. The room was clean, everything was clean. The breakfast was nice, I always enjoy the make your own waffles. There were eggs, sausage, boiled eggs, yogurts, cereal, etc. The staff was courteous and acted quickly when I said the orange juice was out. I would stay here again if I come back to the area. I sure hope the hotel reads this, keep things clean and the staff helpful and friendly and that will keep people coming back!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Charlotte
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

We've had good experiences at comfort inns lately. Especially the ones that have been updated. This one is a bit tired looking, but still very good. Note that the parking lots are not drive threw. So, if you are towing a trailer, it's very difficult to park.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

This would be a good hotel except that the room reeked of tobacco smoke. We requested a non-smoking room. The entire corridor was non-smoking. Either the previous guest ignored the no smoking request, or they never completely cleaned the room before making it non-smoking. We notified the front desk upon check out, and they gave us 1000 points on our choice privileges account.
Other than that, the room was clean, and the staff was friendly. The best thing about the hotel is the location. It's about equal distance between Columbia & Laurel with easy access to both I-95 and the B-W parkway.
If the staff could get rid of the tobacco smell and make sure no one smokes in non-smoking rooms, this would be a great hotel.

Room Tip: If the room smells from tobacco, notify the front desk immediately and hope they have another room a...