“Worst. Hotel. Ever.” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Jessup
Villanova
“Worst. Hotel. Ever.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2012

I travel a lot and this, by far, was the most disgusting hotel I've ever been to. Also, the staff was very rude and sassy. First of all the room smelled like a bathroom. The stench of urine was so bad I almost threw up, and the closer you got the bathroom, the worse it got! Our friends said that their room smelled like alcohol. I don't think any of the rooms smelled nice. Then, there were the bugs on my sheets. I was afraid I was going to get bed bugs. Also, the A/C was so loud I barely slept. The shower had mold in it! Also, the "business center" was a small desk with an old desktop in the room where you ate. The room where you ate was the lobby. Name anything bad about a hotel and this hotel had it.

Room Tip: Just don't stay here.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
ComfortInnFTMH, Sales Coordinator at Comfort Inn Ft. Meade-Savage Mill, responded to this review, September 6, 2012
Thank you for sharing your concerns with us. In the near future if you are back in the area, and you stay with us or another hotel. It is our job to make sure the guest is happy, please bring the concerns to the Front Desk. We would have been more then glad to check the room and move you to another room. I am sorry that your expereince was not good. Please give us a second chance.

Antoinette Hawkins
Sales Coordinator

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Mansfield Center, Connecticut
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2012

My wife and I and our dog stayed at the Comfort Inn, Jessup, MD on the second night of our 3 day return trip home from Florida. The room was quite large with 2 double beds, a fridge, a microwave, a large screen flat TV, a table and 2 chairs (small). Both the room and the bathroom were very clean and the heat potion of the heat/AC worked well. Check-in and check-out went very smoothly and I was provided with a bill that detailed all room charges including the extra charge for our dog. The pet friendly rooms are in the rear of the hotel and do not have an inside hallway. Three different guests (counting me) were grouped in three rooms that were next to one another with several other rear rooms vacant. That meant that we all could hear one another when we entered or left our room as well hear our vehicles start when we left to travel somewhere. Had the three rear guests been separated a little more, our room would have been much quieter. One of the guests next to us had a diesel truck that he would run for 20 to 30 minutes to warm the engine (due to the cold January temperatures in the teens). There was a free hot breakfast provided in a breakfast area adjacent to the lobby. Waffles, cereal, eggs, danish and assorted muffins and breads were available.All in all, the breakfast was average for hot breakfasts available at hotels. The hotel is located in an area adjacent to the Route 32 west ramp off route 1. Access to route 1 north from the hotel by car is a real challenge. The rear of the hotel faces an auto repair shop. Several lights in the hotel lot and on the rear wall of the hotel were not working which made walking our dog at night not a pleasant or very safe experience. I would not return to this hotel for a number of reasons with one of them being that there is a pet friendly hotel that I came upon in the area that does not charge for pets. I would also be hesitant to recommend this hotel to travellers.

Room Tip: Ask for an inside room in the front of hotel if you are travelling without a pet.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
ComfortInnFTMH, sales Coordinator at Comfort Inn Ft. Meade-Savage Mill, responded to this review, September 6, 2012
Thanks for sharing your experience with us. I would like to say we have taken care of truck parking. All trucks now have a certain area to parked. The trucks are in the back behind major building, to cut down on guest that have to leave out early. Our pet fee is very low discout rate. Also, we have the pet rooms located were they are becuase it is easy on the guest, to walk there pet.

Please if you are in the area again, please booked a room.

Antoinette Hawkins
Sales Coordinator
U.S.A.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2011 via mobile

We travel frequently along the East Coast with our very well-behaved pooch and we generally seek out Comfort Inns, mostly because they are usually dog-friendly and well located. This Comfort Inn was a disappointment. The room was tiny, the beds were small, the bathroom was minuscule, and the furnishings were sub-standard, especially the noisy small refrigerator that we unplugged so we could get some sleep. The cleanliness would have been satisfactory, were it not for the large but dead insect on its back inside the entry. The real bummer, though was the location: in the midst of warehouses and automobile body shops. Our room was located at the back of the motel facing derelict cars and rusting machinery. On the plus side, breakfast was OK, and the TV and Internet worked.

• Stayed November 2011
Ellicott City, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2011

I stayed here with my family when our house was without power due to a hurricane. The staff was extremely welcoming and helpful throughout the entire stay. They had recently renovated, new flat screen TVs and an exercise room, which I found to be a great surprise. They have a hot breakfast and waffle maker which my kids really loved!
I would definitely stay here again, and recommend it to friends and family.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Winnsboro, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2011

Don't use this hotel. Was the worst hotel I ever stayed in. First room the ac didnt work so they had to move me to another room. I prepaid for one type of room and had to settle for a different kind of room. By the time I got into 2nd room it was close to 12. The trash from the people before me was still in the room as well as part of their pizza. The bathroom floor atill had the towels from the previous guest. The worst part was the bed wasn't even made. I finally just pulled up the comforter and slept on top of that. Will never stay in this hotel and would recommend it to nobody. You pay good money for a place like this and sure don't expect a room like this.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
ComfortInnFTMH, Manager at Comfort Inn Ft. Meade-Savage Mill, responded to this review, February 15, 2012
I am very sorry to hear that you had problems while you stayed with us. After seeing your feed back we did take a look in this problem and we have tried to resolved. If you come in the area again give a chance to provide a service.
New York City, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2011

They need to stop enticing people with the pictures on their website. Even though the hotel is clean, it's old fashion and needs an upgrade. Upgrade meaning flooring,carpeting and bed linens. I was in a non smoking room and my bedspread had cigarette burn holes in it. Like wow,maid staffing doesn't give a rats butt as to how they place the linens. The room smelled stale. The a/c is loud and the bathroom,even though clean was dull and loud. BUT there are plusses. The front desk staff was nice, courteous and open to feedback. The front door to lobby locks after a certain time, so that provides some security into the hotel. Breakfast was more than bagels, they had sausage and eggs waffles etc. It's near shopping areas (walmart etc) TIP: get a room with a microwave and re-fridge. Advise: if you're staying more than one night, bypass this one.

Room Tip: non smoking rm with no pets
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2011

The property is very clean and the hotel has been renovated newly and got good upgrades in the room with a king size bed. we enjoyed our stay at this hotel excellent staff service and very good breakfast.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Comfort Inn Ft. Meade-Savage Mill? Share your experiences!