“Under reconstruction, but worth the stay” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #1 of 8 hotels in Jessup
“Under reconstruction, but worth the stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

This Holiday Inn is currently under reconstruction, but I really enjoy staying at this hotel. The breakfast is very good and they actually serve real eggs. The people that work here are super friendly and very helpful. I travel a lot in this area and I have tried different hotels, but this one beats all the other hotels hands down. This is my hotel of choice and will be for the years to come. Once they get the "Hub" up and running it will definitely give you a more pleasant experience.

Room Tip: The fourth floor is the best floor.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
hicolumbia, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Columbia East - Jessup, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Thank you for your observation of our hotel team and for having us as your hotel of choice.

We share in your excitement for the HUB and look forward to your next experience with us. If you have the opportunity, please join us on Wednesday evening for our Priority Club Reception. During the reception you can unwind with good eats, games, snacks and conversation.

Corey Snowberger
410.799.7500 x 7550

75 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Columbia, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

Re-locating to Baltimore Md because of new employment, and stayed here with the family to look for housing. The HI was under renovation and rooms were readily available. I planned for a three day, that turned into five while searching for living quarters. The staff was the best and attended to our needs. Room was spacious for four and very clean. Lounge/Restaurant in the lobby was in a great location for food and drinks.
I would stay again if necessary.

Room Tip: I prefer to stay on the 2nd or third floor over looking the parking lot.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for staying with us during your relocation and for your kind words about our hotel team.

Corey Snowberger
410.799.7500 x 7550
Springfield, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

I recently stayed here for four nights due to a business meeting at the property. I was a little hesitant at first because I would not typically choose a Holiday Inn especially one directly across from a prison. It is a decent ride from BWI. This property has renovated all of the guest rooms within the last year. They did a superb job with this portion of the remodel. The lobby, restaurant/bar, and commons areas are still freshly underway with their part of the remodel. The registration desk is at a temporary table at the rear entrance due to the construction. Overall, the staff was nice, the rooms were modern and very comfortable, and the beer was cold. Dining in the immediate area is scarce. There is a Starbucks directly across the street. Most of the dining options are a few miles away (all the big chains) along with several retail options. The other downfall is the street noise as this property is located at what appeared to be a very busy intersection. Outside of the few minor issues and the remodeling I would probably recommend this property to a friends or colleagues.

• Stayed December 2012
hicolumbia, General Manager at Holiday Inn Columbia East - Jessup, responded to this review, December 18, 2012
Thank you for your recent visit and the kind words regarding your stay. We are very excited for the completion of our lobby, restaurant and lounge renovation. When finished, we will be one of 20 hotels in the world to have the Hub at Holiday Inn implemented. This great concept coupled with our already renovated guest rooms and other guest facilities will give you even more reason to stay with us. We look forward to your return when you visit our area again!

Lincoln, Nebraska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I had such a great experience I had at the Holiday Inn this weekend. I was in Maryland to visit my son and the staff at the Holiday Inn Columbia made my stay turn out much better than it could have been. I was unable to print my boarding pass because of the time change this weekend. Ayaz was able to help me get on line and then was willing to print it for me since I was not going to be at the hotel at the time that it needed to be done. When I got back to the hotel my boarding pass was waiting for me. He was helpful, courteous and never made me feel that I was a bother. No worries.
Then on Sunday morning I had a terrible thing happen. I dropped a necklace into the sink and it went down the drain. It wasn't just any necklace. It had the diamond from my mother's wedding ring on it. I was heartsick and terrified that I had lost that little bit of my mother that I try to keep with me. Ayaz immediately contacted Lawrence and he quickly came to my room, took apart the plumbing and retrieved my necklace. I told him that I did not have much cash with me, but that I wanted to give him something to repay him. I asked for his name so I could send him something. He said that was not necessary. I was only able to learn his name when I asked at the front desk.
These two fine men really made my stay there wonderful.
People often contact managers to complain. I am writing this review to let you know that the staff at the Holiday Inn Columbia (especially Ayaz and Lawrence) are wonderful and I will stay at your hotel the next time I'm visiting my son in Maryland.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
hicolumbia, General Manager at Holiday Inn Columbia East - Jessup, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
Carol -

Thank you so much for the kind words regarding our hotel, especially Ayaz and Lawrence. I will make sure that they hear your feedback and are recognized for their service. We love forward to taking care of you again when you return to visit your son!

Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

Great hotel in this area. Excellent fitness room with equipment that is not broke down. Comfortable beds and a nice deck and pool area. The breakfast buffet is good and the staff was very friendly during my entire stay.

Room Tip: Top floor is very quiet.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
hicolumbia, General Manager at Holiday Inn Columbia East - Jessup, responded to this review, October 5, 2012
Thank you for the great review! We hope to see you again when your travels bring you to our area!!!

Charlotte, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

I really enjoyed the priority club reception that included appetizers, full bar and a local beer on tap. My hotel room is comfortable and well furnished. The location is convenient for commuting in the area. The only change I would like to see is free breakfast for priority club members. I would stay again if in the area again.

Room Tip: Be prepared to pay for breakfast unless you are in the military or a government employee.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Thanks for the feedback and I am glad you are enjoying the Priority Club Reception. We look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

San Jose, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

This Holiday Inn was very clean, entrance area showed some signs of ongoing improvements, yet room was very nice. Fridge ultra-quiet, bathroom spotless, tiled floor. Was welcomed at reception with bag of perks for gold members. Platinum gets free breakfast/10$ off at the bar menu. Cool organic grocery store (called MOM's momsorganicmarket.com) is across the street, open 9am - 9pm. Room rate was somewhat more pricy than anticipated, and drops significantly on Thu/Fri/Sat/Sun nights. They have an AAA rate with good savings. Good internet wifi. Restaurant was OK, had mushroom cap appetizer. Yes, would stay here again.

Room Tip: Rooms facing away from intersection = front of hotel are quieter
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
hicolumbia, General Manager at Holiday Inn Columbia East - Jessup, responded to this review, October 1, 2012
Thank you for the great feedback. MOM's Organic market is one of our favorites as well. Prices are pretty good and the quality of food is beyond great! With the Food Market located just down the road from us, a lot of the local markets are able to have a great supply of fresh produce and meats. Hopefully, when you return to the area, you will be able to explore some of the local Jessup markets! Thank you again for the great review of our hotel!

Jack Warner

Been to Holiday Inn Columbia East - Jessup? Share your experiences!