“Great staff/great hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Jessup
Lincoln, Nebraska
“Great staff/great hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I had such a great experience I had at the Holiday Inn this weekend. I was in Maryland to visit my son and the staff at the Holiday Inn Columbia made my stay turn out much better than it could have been. I was unable to print my boarding pass because of the time change this weekend. Ayaz was able to help me get on line and then was willing to print it for me since I was not going to be at the hotel at the time that it needed to be done. When I got back to the hotel my boarding pass was waiting for me. He was helpful, courteous and never made me feel that I was a bother. No worries.
Then on Sunday morning I had a terrible thing happen. I dropped a necklace into the sink and it went down the drain. It wasn't just any necklace. It had the diamond from my mother's wedding ring on it. I was heartsick and terrified that I had lost that little bit of my mother that I try to keep with me. Ayaz immediately contacted Lawrence and he quickly came to my room, took apart the plumbing and retrieved my necklace. I told him that I did not have much cash with me, but that I wanted to give him something to repay him. I asked for his name so I could send him something. He said that was not necessary. I was only able to learn his name when I asked at the front desk.
These two fine men really made my stay there wonderful.
People often contact managers to complain. I am writing this review to let you know that the staff at the Holiday Inn Columbia (especially Ayaz and Lawrence) are wonderful and I will stay at your hotel the next time I'm visiting my son in Maryland.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
hicolumbia, General Manager at Holiday Inn Columbia East - Jessup, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
Carol -

Thank you so much for the kind words regarding our hotel, especially Ayaz and Lawrence. I will make sure that they hear your feedback and are recognized for their service. We love forward to taking care of you again when you return to visit your son!

Jack Warner

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

Great hotel in this area. Excellent fitness room with equipment that is not broke down. Comfortable beds and a nice deck and pool area. The breakfast buffet is good and the staff was very friendly during my entire stay.

Room Tip: Top floor is very quiet.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
hicolumbia, General Manager at Holiday Inn Columbia East - Jessup, responded to this review, October 5, 2012
Thank you for the great review! We hope to see you again when your travels bring you to our area!!!

Charlotte, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

I really enjoyed the priority club reception that included appetizers, full bar and a local beer on tap. My hotel room is comfortable and well furnished. The location is convenient for commuting in the area. The only change I would like to see is free breakfast for priority club members. I would stay again if in the area again.

Room Tip: Be prepared to pay for breakfast unless you are in the military or a government employee.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Thanks for the feedback and I am glad you are enjoying the Priority Club Reception. We look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

San Jose, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

This Holiday Inn was very clean, entrance area showed some signs of ongoing improvements, yet room was very nice. Fridge ultra-quiet, bathroom spotless, tiled floor. Was welcomed at reception with bag of perks for gold members. Platinum gets free breakfast/10$ off at the bar menu. Cool organic grocery store (called MOM's momsorganicmarket.com) is across the street, open 9am - 9pm. Room rate was somewhat more pricy than anticipated, and drops significantly on Thu/Fri/Sat/Sun nights. They have an AAA rate with good savings. Good internet wifi. Restaurant was OK, had mushroom cap appetizer. Yes, would stay here again.

Room Tip: Rooms facing away from intersection = front of hotel are quieter
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
hicolumbia, General Manager at Holiday Inn Columbia East - Jessup, responded to this review, October 1, 2012
Thank you for the great feedback. MOM's Organic market is one of our favorites as well. Prices are pretty good and the quality of food is beyond great! With the Food Market located just down the road from us, a lot of the local markets are able to have a great supply of fresh produce and meats. Hopefully, when you return to the area, you will be able to explore some of the local Jessup markets! Thank you again for the great review of our hotel!

Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

We were on the road for two full weeks along the east coast (12 different hotels), this one ranked 2nd best. Value at $96 which we paid is spectacular.

Beds are comfy and clean. Room & Bathrooms are clean and spacious.
Stunningly beautiful lobby and rooms.
Loved the 'Occupied' button that you press to let hotel staff know not to disburb you.
Free Wifi (hotels that don't do this are soo behind the times - or greedy)
Location is a little lame if you're going to Baltimore, but it was great for us, who were on our way out of town.
Had a Keurig, which is pretty cool, but hotels need to realize that they should leave creamers in the rooms, not that powdered cream junk.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
hicolumbia, General Manager at Holiday Inn Columbia East - Jessup, responded to this review, September 27, 2012
Aaron -

Thank you for the kind review and the great comments made regarding out hotel and amenities. The doorbell and electronic do not disturb is one of my favorite features too. I will absolutely look into replacing the current creamer in the guest room. I hope when your travels return you to out area, we will see you again! Again, thank you for allowing us to be your home away from home.

Massachusetts, USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

The hotel was fine. Rooms clean, roomy and its location convenient to Columbus, BWI and surrounding areas. The restaurant/bar had a limited menu, and an extremely poor choice of wine. I had the burger which looked like the best item on the menu and it was very good. The real problem was that I tend to enjoy wine with dinner and the choice of red wine was limited to Copper Ridge. Fortunately I had tasted it prior to this and passed. What restaurant serves $3.00 bottles of wine that are undrinkable. Thankfully their are other restaurants in the area.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
hicolumbia, General Manager at Holiday Inn Columbia East - Jessup, responded to this review, September 25, 2012
Thank you for the feedback regarding our hotel and restaurant. I apologize for the selection of wine that you encountered. We are currently going through a bar menu revision and plan on addressing the wine selection available. I appreciate your patience during this process. I hope when you travel to the area again, you will still choose us as your lodging provider! I, again, appreciate the feedback as it is our only way to improve upon what we currently offer.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

This is a very clean Hotel. They staff is very nice and the hotel is nicely decorated. The King bed room I was in has a large flat screen with MANY channels and a large HD selection. My room also had a Keurig and I took advantage of that freshly brewed coffee in the morning. The restaurant isn't bad, it's in a small room with a bar in it. Like I said it isn't bad and is not overpriced. I had the Salmon with green beans and potatoes; it was good. The breakfast is your normal scrambled eggs, sausage, bacon...you know the rest. Breakfast was good and all the dinning facilities are very clean! I'm a Priority Club Elite member and travel a lot and stay at many hotels. With out a doubt; I will stay at this Hotel again. Also, the bathrooms were very clean!

Room Tip: Room 414 was very quite and overlooks the back of the hotel where there are many trees. A pleasant...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
hicolumbia, General Manager at Holiday Inn Columbia East - Jessup, responded to this review, September 12, 2012
Thank you for the great review and your continued loyalty. If I can ever be of service, please let me know!

Jack Warner

Been to Holiday Inn Columbia East - Jessup? Share your experiences!