“Great place to stay, maybe not to eat.” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Weekend Savings!
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Jessup
Massachusetts, USA
“Great place to stay, maybe not to eat.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

The hotel was fine. Rooms clean, roomy and its location convenient to Columbus, BWI and surrounding areas. The restaurant/bar had a limited menu, and an extremely poor choice of wine. I had the burger which looked like the best item on the menu and it was very good. The real problem was that I tend to enjoy wine with dinner and the choice of red wine was limited to Copper Ridge. Fortunately I had tasted it prior to this and passed. What restaurant serves $3.00 bottles of wine that are undrinkable. Thankfully their are other restaurants in the area.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
hicolumbia, General Manager at Holiday Inn Columbia East - Jessup, responded to this review, September 25, 2012
Thank you for the feedback regarding our hotel and restaurant. I apologize for the selection of wine that you encountered. We are currently going through a bar menu revision and plan on addressing the wine selection available. I appreciate your patience during this process. I hope when you travel to the area again, you will still choose us as your lodging provider! I, again, appreciate the feedback as it is our only way to improve upon what we currently offer.

Jack Warner

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

This is a very clean Hotel. They staff is very nice and the hotel is nicely decorated. The King bed room I was in has a large flat screen with MANY channels and a large HD selection. My room also had a Keurig and I took advantage of that freshly brewed coffee in the morning. The restaurant isn't bad, it's in a small room with a bar in it. Like I said it isn't bad and is not overpriced. I had the Salmon with green beans and potatoes; it was good. The breakfast is your normal scrambled eggs, sausage, bacon...you know the rest. Breakfast was good and all the dinning facilities are very clean! I'm a Priority Club Elite member and travel a lot and stay at many hotels. With out a doubt; I will stay at this Hotel again. Also, the bathrooms were very clean!

Room Tip: Room 414 was very quite and overlooks the back of the hotel where there are many trees. A pleasant...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
hicolumbia, General Manager at Holiday Inn Columbia East - Jessup, responded to this review, September 12, 2012
Thank you for the great review and your continued loyalty. If I can ever be of service, please let me know!

Cleveland, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012

all great here from staff to rooms to food,good value, restaurant bar excellant, will stay here anytime in area, clean comfortable, quiet, rooms,modern rooms and furniture,lots of free parking big flat screen tvs,

Room Tip: rooms on backside quieter
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
hicolumbia, General Manager at Holiday Inn Columbia East - Jessup, responded to this review, September 4, 2012
Thanks for the great feedback and we are happy that you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to seeing you again when your travels bring you our way!

Va Beach, VA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

I travel to Columbia a couple weeks per month. I've stayed in all of the comparably priced hotels in the area and the Holiday Inn Colubia is the best. The front desk staff are always friendly and professional. Carmen is wonderful! The hotel renovations have added a lot to the property. I will return!

P.S. The Keurig Coffee Makers are a great addition!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
hicolumbia, General Manager at Holiday Inn Columbia East - Jessup, responded to this review, August 28, 2012
Thank you so much for the kind words. I am glad you enjoyed the changes made during renovation as we are excited that we are able to share them.

Be sure to ask for a 4th floor room to continue to enjoy the Keurig coffee makers and let us know your favorite flavor so we can have it waiting for you next time!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

This was the third Holiday Inn on a week-long trip to look at colleges for my oldest. It was, by far, the most outstanding chain hotel suite I have ever stayed in. The suite was once connecting rooms, one of which had been converted to a living room. Two doors to the hallway, two bathrooms(!), two independent A/C units, a pull out sofa bed, two chairs in the living room, a lounge type chair for two in the bedroom, a king sized bed, and a refrigerator. The best part is that the connecting room doors were still there, so the rooms could be completely separated. All this for only slightly more than a standard room.

The room, and the entire hotel for that matter, was very clean. The gym was very well laid out with up-to-date equipment. There was some road noise noticeable (but not objectionable). After the first night we set the A/C so that the fan stayed on and it effectively hid the traffic noise.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
hicolumbia, General Manager at Holiday Inn Columbia East - Jessup, responded to this review, August 20, 2012
Thank you for the kind words regarding the suite and our property. We recently added these suites earlier this year in our renovation and I am glad to hear that it lives up to your expectations! Thanks again for the great feedback.

Baltimore, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2012

I was in Columbia on business and chose to stay at the Holiday Inn.
Room service was excellent, and the breakfast buffet was delicious!
Mu room was newly renovated, nicely decorated, and priced affordably.
I didn't want to lug my laptop along, so I used one of the computers in their business center.
The week before my stay we had a lot of power outages. I work for an Agency that provides group homes for intellectually disabled persons. The power was out in all three homes, so everyone stayed at Holiday Inn. The staff treated our individuals with respect and patience.
Say hello to Mike at the front desk. He's very nice! :)

Room Tip: Note - there wasn't a spa at the hotel but I could not indicate N/A in my rating. I was on the s...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
hicolumbia, General Manager at Holiday Inn Columbia East - Jessup, responded to this review, August 2, 2012
Thank you so much for the kind words! I am so happy we could take care of you and your other visitors. Please come back at any time.

Jack Warner

P.S. I will make sure Mike hears your hello!
State College, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

Newly renovated. Our room was squeaky clean. Bedding very comfortable. Staff was very friendly and polite, responded quickly to our every need. Highly recommend the new jacuzzi suite. Worth every penny. Great TV, large bathroom with plenty of counter space, Keurig coffee maker was a big plus for me (especially with the provided disposable travel cup with lid!), iHome w/ alarm. Truly a pleasant stay. We didn't want to leave.

Room Tip: Honestly, there isn't a bad room at this hotel. Being that it was recently renovated, everything...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
hicolumbia, General Manager at Holiday Inn Columbia East - Jessup, responded to this review, July 23, 2012
Wow! Thank you for such kind words! We really appreciate you taking the time to let everyone know about your stay. I hope to see you again when you travel to the area.

Jack Warner

Been to Holiday Inn Columbia East - Jessup? Share your experiences!