“Horrible customer service, and extremely dirty room, with BUGS!” 1 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Jessup
Asheville, North Carolina, United States
“Horrible customer service, and extremely dirty room, with BUGS!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2012

I will NEVER go to another Sleep Inn in my life - especially not this one. I arrived at 4am, after an 8hr drive, went to my room and killed a bug upon opening the door. I thought, it's just one little bug, don't worry about it. The room was stuffy so I turned on the air condition. Within minutes, other criters started climbing the walls. I immediately got my things, and went back to the lobby to let the guy know I would not be staying there. He apologized and said he'd credit my account back. I went through the weekend knowing that the credit probably wouldn't occur until the next business day, but I called every day asking to speak with management - they NEVER returned my calls! On Wednesday of the following week, I checked my account again to see if the funds were credited back to my account - they were not. So I called my bank and asked if I should worry, and was told that it can take up to 10 business days to receive the credit back in my account. Tomorrow will mark 2 weeks since this occurance, and I still haven't gotten my money back. After verifying this with my bank, I called Sleep Inn, and the lady I've spoken with is extremely rude and tells me that they have already given me my money back, and my bank is lying... Really?? NEVER AGAIN!

Room Tip: Don't even consider this disgusting place!
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Oakland, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2012

I have stayed at this Sleep Inn many times for business and am never disappointed. It is very clean and well maintained for the price. I tried a couple of other hotels in the area, but none could beat the value of the Sleep Inn.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Boston, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2011

I spend a lot of time in this part of eastern Maryland on business with a tight travel budget. There are plenty of moderately priced hotels in the area and I've checked out most of them. The Sleep Inn Jessup is by far the best choice in its price range, and beats a lot of places that cost substantially more.

The only drawback to this property is a little bit of sound leakage from room to room, especially in connecting rooms. But it is less severe than at most other places, and has only been an issue when I end up next to a very loud snorer or people who blast the TV at full volume. Get a non-connecting room if you are a light sleeper.

Otherwise, this is a great choice. The check-in staff are prompt and friendly. The free wireless internet is faster than at most budget places, and there is a computer with a printer in the lobby. The fitness center is small, but has a good variety of equipment. There are plenty of channels on the TV. The free continental breakfast is of very good quality, there are often fresh baked cookies in the evening, and there is always a bowl of fresh fruit for snacking. The rooms, bedding, and towels are always impeccably clean. There is plenty of hot water. And there is a microwave and refrigerator in every room, and they always work just fine.

Best of all, I have never had any problem with bug bites at this hotel, after staying here at least twenty nights in the last couple of years. That alone sets it apart-- at several other properties nearby, I've been bitten up pretty badly within a night or two. They must be doing something right as far as pest control goes. That alone keeps me coming back.

Room Tip: All rooms are fine. You might want a non-connecting room if you are a light sleeper.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Schoolcraft, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2010

We were travelling and got caught in a rain storm in the dark in an area we were unfamiliar with...this was a little hard to find....needs better signage to find. Staff was very nice and the hotel had an elevator which is unusual for any of the past Sleep Inns we have been too. Room was nice an roomy, clean with great beds and pillows. Have to travel a little bit to get to the nicer chain restaurants which are off the beaten path.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2010

I stayed for several nights. Staff was very helpful in providing information about where to eat. Very clean, spacious rooms. Rooms that had connecting doors you could hear what was going on the other side so had to be moved once and then it was fine. Refrigerator was not turned on but once turned on it worked fine. Very safe area.
Breakfast including make your own waffles was adequate as what more does one need that waffle with peanut butter and syrup to get one going in the morning. Coffee and tea was available anytime of the day. Fitness center had a TV to keep one's mind occupied as one exercised.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
Milwaukee, WI
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2009

This is one of the nicer Sleep Inn's I have visited. The place is clean and nicer than most. It is a sleep inn, so it doesn't have every amenities. You should have no reservations about staying here. Good Internet, Fitness Center, Fridge and Microwave.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business
New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2009

I travel to this area for business several times a year, and I almost always stay here. It is not fancy, but it is clean and bright and the staff is very friendly and helpful. I can almost always get a room and the price is always low (relative to other hotels in the area). Breakfast is simple but good. Wireless is slow but adequate for basic things such as checking email. Fitness center is small, but OK.

Comparison to other local hotels: I liked the fairly new Comfort Suites in Jessup, which is nicer and has bigger rooms, but the price varies (sometimes much higher) and it is more often sold out. I also tried the Quality Inn which is fairly inexpensive, but it is not as nice as the Sleep Inn.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jessup
La Quinta Inn & Suites Columbia Jessup
Holiday Inn Columbia East - Jessup
Red Roof Inn Washington DC - Columbia / Fort Meade
Comfort Suites Columbia Gateway
Quality Inn near Ft Meade
Hampton Inn & Suites Columbia / South

Been to Sleep Inn Jessup? Share your experiences!