“Not for families/ Horrible customer service” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Columbia - Laurel - Ft. Meade

You added Extended Stay America - Columbia - Laurel - Ft. Meade to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Columbia - Laurel - Ft. Meade
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   8550 Washington Blvd, Jessup, MD 21046   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #7 of 8 Hotels in Jessup
“Not for families/ Horrible customer service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2014 via mobile

Besides this place having poor customer service and the staff their is rude, ignorant and lazy. This place is not family oriented, nothing for children to do. They can't even use chalk on the sidewalk. They allow partying and broken beer bottles just sit outside. If you need something fixed or replaced they ignore it and tell you they will get to it. Our door was broken off the hinge for 4 1/2 months and they never ordered us a new door. Smell of pot constantly came thru our bathroom vent. I would not recommend staying at this place ever!!!

• Stayed March 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Lorton, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2014

after a great afternoon at the casinos, we decided that it was time to take a shower and be prepare for a second round in the evening, upon arrival we were informed that they did not have a room for us, that we had to go somewhere else, i said that we have paid in advanced that this cannot be possible that the room is guaranteed with my credit card, they said they did not have a room, sorry, they even refused to give me my money back, also there were no hotel available for more than 20 miles, i had no choice to cancel my family mini weekend vacation and drive back 70 miles to Virginia

Room Tip: don't ever stay here, poor planning and poor customer service
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Columbia - Laurel - Ft. Meade, responded to this review, October 24, 2014
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. Please know that we are sincerely sorry that we could not accommodate your reservation. Our team is committed to satisfying our guests, so we are very thankful for your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at bll@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.
West Chester, PA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2014

The room was a bit spavined. It isn't necessarily a dive but for the price I thought it would be better than it was. They operate with a ghost ship staff (often people weren't at the counter,) though our needs were met. Although there is some grass on the property for dogs to wiz, mostly we walked our dog around the shopping center next door. ($25 per night pet fee).

The fridge and kitchen area was bare bones but suited our minimal needs. The breakfast shelf in the lobby offered coffee, oatmeal, granola bars, and muffins. The bed in our room was like an old gym teacher: firm and starchy. The wifi is slow in order to try and get you to pay for the speed upgrade.

If I did need to have an actual extended stay here I'd be fairly depressed after a few days. But we were ten minutes from Merriweather Post Pavilion and met some cool Phish fans during our stay. If the price went down by a few bucks we'd stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. Your comments in regards to our convenient location are much appreciated; however, I was disheartened to read that we were not able to provide you with a "home away from home" experience. Still, it's great to hear that our pet friendly policy met your needs. I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.
Laurel, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

I've stayed her for over a year now so, I know this place well. I've found it to be a very nice Extended Stay hotel.

The rooms have twin burner stoves, a full fridge, complete sets of pots and pans as well as plates and bowls. Also, they supply 2 sets of silverware and cooking utensils. This can save you money as you can cook your own meals.

The hotel offers free WiFi though they offer 2 types of WiFi. The free WiFi is what they call WiFi light. The speed is around 85k per second. They offer a WiFi that is 2 and 1/2 times faster but, you will have to pay up to $20 a month for it. In order to use it, you'll have to get a code which changes monthly from the reception desk.

Also, the hotel offers a laundry room where you can wash your clothes for $2 a wash and $2 to dry. The reception desk can sell you quarters if you don't have them.

Maid service wise, you get once a week maid service. I've found they do a fine job.

If you have any problems, I've found the folks at reception very helpful particularly Paula, Josephine and the manager Claudia.

Parking is adequate and Karim does a fantastic job of salting the sidewalks if it snows.

The location is very handy as it's 2 or 3 minutes from Maryland 32 which will take you to Maryland 295 - the Baltimore Washington Parkway or Interstate 95 or Interstate 70.

If you don't feel like cooking, the hotel offers a service where you can order food and, they'll deliver it to your room. If you find that pricey, there is a Dunkin Donuts about 500 feet away. A McDonald's, Subway shop, pizza shop and Chinese food shop are all within walking distance of the hotel.

The hotel does welcome pets though I can't tell you how that works.

Overall, I've been very pleased with this Extended Stay. I've seen reviews where people dissed the place. I don't know what happened with their stays. I've found this hotel to very responsive to any problems guests have. If you're in the Jessup/Columbia/Laurel area, this Extended Stay is worth considering.

Room Tip: The very best rates are offered to those who can stay for a long time i.e. minimum 2 month stay. I...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Columbia - Laurel - Ft. Meade, responded to this review, November 7, 2014
Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. I'm so pleased to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us and continue to do so. I am glad the internet has been helpful as well as the convenience of our location . I am even happier to see the staff has made you feel at home. We appreciate your kind comments about our housekeeping and front desk staff, and we are glad to know that your room met your needs. The staff and I would like to thank you again for posting your review. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
Crofton, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2014

We stayed here for a month waiting to close on our house. I was a bit worried from other reviews I have read, but it was not near as bad as some of the reviews. Maria is great at making sure you room is clean. We always knew when she cleaned our room as it smelled great every time. Karim is very friendly and always working hard. We had a lot of snow when we stayed here and he was always making sure the walks were cleared and the stairways were cleaned from all the snow tracked in. He was always trying to help us carry stuff up to our rooms as well.
Our only complaint is that as pet owners who clean up after our pets, we were disappointed in others staying here that did not clean up after their pets. Not sure what the staff can do about that as they should not have to clean it up, but it was really gross trying to find places to walk our dog without having to look for doggy land mines.
And we would love to have an oven in the room. I have an indoor grill so that helped with dinners and not having to eat out all the time.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Columbia - Laurel - Ft. Meade, responded to this review, February 10, 2014
Jodie – Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. It’s great to hear that you enjoyed our staff, especially Maria and Karim. I will be sure to pass your comments along to them. Still, I apologize that you were inconvenienced by guests who had not cleaned up after their pets. We will consider your feedback as we continue to improve our guest experience.

Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope to see you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Frederick, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2014

The staff here is very friendly and welcoming. Karim went out of his way to ensure that my fiance' and I had all we needed and that we were comfortable. There was a severe snow storm while we were staying here and Karim even went as far as to assist in helping me clean off my car. Housekeeping was very friendly and made sure we had everything we needed. The front desk staff was friendly and always responded to my calls or requests.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Columbia - Laurel - Ft. Meade, responded to this review, January 24, 2014
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your stay. I’m thrilled that you found our staff to be friendly and helpful. Customer service is a top priority of ours, so I am glad that we were able to meet this goal.

Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
Tunkhannock, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2013

I travel to Maryland once or twice per month for 3 or 4 days at a clip. I stay in hotels all over. This was by far the worst place I have ever stayed across the country. I had prepaid for 3 nights and arrived just after midnight. There was no night desk person on duty. We were met by the night laundry person who spoke no English, who kept insisting that I give him my credit card and pay again for the room. Then he began yelling at me to write the name of my business on the paper and would not give me the key until I wrote down who I worked for. I am self-employed. I showed him my receipt of payment on my IPAD screen to prove I had paid for the room. I am not sure how I finally convinced this man who spoke no English that I had already paid. By this point it is nearly 1 a.m. and I have to be up at 6 a.m. for a full day of work and studies. They advertised "breakfast" on the booking site. That breakfast consisted of empty coffee carafes, no food other than oatmeal packets and sweet stale muffins and danishes on an end-table type table. The maintenance person began spraying chemical sprays all over the open spot with the paper coffee cups and open danish container to wipe up the spilled sugar and the spray was going all over everything. When I addressed the issue of the check in, we were told that this was the laundry person and they do not have night time desk staff ever. had I know this, I would not have booked or paid for this room. I told them the phone did not work, the sink clogged and the room stunk from the smoking in the room next door coming through the walls. The person said, "I'm sorry" and that was that. Nothing was fixed, nothing changed, and we were not moved to a different room. Housekeeping never once emptied the trash or left clean linens or replaced the missing dish soap. There is no complementary shampoo or anything, so you will have to pack everything with you to take there including a plunger and Draino. The shower leaked all over the floor and the room was filthy. The bed was terrible. All in all, this was one of the worst places I have ever stayed in. This was a lot of money for nothing.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business

Been to Extended Stay America - Columbia - Laurel - Ft. Meade? Share your experiences!