“Stayed here for a month” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Columbia - Laurel - Ft. Meade

You added Extended Stay America - Columbia - Laurel - Ft. Meade to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Columbia - Laurel - Ft. Meade
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   8550 Washington Blvd, Jessup, MD 21046   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #7 of 8 Hotels in Jessup
Crofton, Maryland
“Stayed here for a month”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2014

We stayed here for a month waiting to close on our house. I was a bit worried from other reviews I have read, but it was not near as bad as some of the reviews. Maria is great at making sure you room is clean. We always knew when she cleaned our room as it smelled great every time. Karim is very friendly and always working hard. We had a lot of snow when we stayed here and he was always making sure the walks were cleared and the stairways were cleaned from all the snow tracked in. He was always trying to help us carry stuff up to our rooms as well.
Our only complaint is that as pet owners who clean up after our pets, we were disappointed in others staying here that did not clean up after their pets. Not sure what the staff can do about that as they should not have to clean it up, but it was really gross trying to find places to walk our dog without having to look for doggy land mines.
And we would love to have an oven in the room. I have an indoor grill so that helped with dinners and not having to eat out all the time.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Columbia - Laurel - Ft. Meade, responded to this review, February 10, 2014
Jodie – Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. It’s great to hear that you enjoyed our staff, especially Maria and Karim. I will be sure to pass your comments along to them. Still, I apologize that you were inconvenienced by guests who had not cleaned up after their pets. We will consider your feedback as we continue to improve our guest experience.

Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope to see you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Frederick, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2014

The staff here is very friendly and welcoming. Karim went out of his way to ensure that my fiance' and I had all we needed and that we were comfortable. There was a severe snow storm while we were staying here and Karim even went as far as to assist in helping me clean off my car. Housekeeping was very friendly and made sure we had everything we needed. The front desk staff was friendly and always responded to my calls or requests.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Columbia - Laurel - Ft. Meade, responded to this review, January 24, 2014
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your stay. I’m thrilled that you found our staff to be friendly and helpful. Customer service is a top priority of ours, so I am glad that we were able to meet this goal.

Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
Tunkhannock, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2013

I travel to Maryland once or twice per month for 3 or 4 days at a clip. I stay in hotels all over. This was by far the worst place I have ever stayed across the country. I had prepaid for 3 nights and arrived just after midnight. There was no night desk person on duty. We were met by the night laundry person who spoke no English, who kept insisting that I give him my credit card and pay again for the room. Then he began yelling at me to write the name of my business on the paper and would not give me the key until I wrote down who I worked for. I am self-employed. I showed him my receipt of payment on my IPAD screen to prove I had paid for the room. I am not sure how I finally convinced this man who spoke no English that I had already paid. By this point it is nearly 1 a.m. and I have to be up at 6 a.m. for a full day of work and studies. They advertised "breakfast" on the booking site. That breakfast consisted of empty coffee carafes, no food other than oatmeal packets and sweet stale muffins and danishes on an end-table type table. The maintenance person began spraying chemical sprays all over the open spot with the paper coffee cups and open danish container to wipe up the spilled sugar and the spray was going all over everything. When I addressed the issue of the check in, we were told that this was the laundry person and they do not have night time desk staff ever. had I know this, I would not have booked or paid for this room. I told them the phone did not work, the sink clogged and the room stunk from the smoking in the room next door coming through the walls. The person said, "I'm sorry" and that was that. Nothing was fixed, nothing changed, and we were not moved to a different room. Housekeeping never once emptied the trash or left clean linens or replaced the missing dish soap. There is no complementary shampoo or anything, so you will have to pack everything with you to take there including a plunger and Draino. The shower leaked all over the floor and the room was filthy. The bed was terrible. All in all, this was one of the worst places I have ever stayed in. This was a lot of money for nothing.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business

Been to Extended Stay America - Columbia - Laurel - Ft. Meade? Share your experiences!