“Thank you, Shazia, for your attention and care!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Columbia - Laurel - Ft. Meade

Save Saved
You added Extended Stay America - Columbia - Laurel - Ft. Meade to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Columbia - Laurel - Ft. Meade
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   8550 Washington Blvd, Jessup, MD 21046   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Jessup
“Thank you, Shazia, for your attention and care!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013 via mobile

Shazia and her staff made me feel welcome and comfortable. They pay attention to details and went out of their way to give excellent customer service. The room was clean, bed comfy, and plenty of towels.

• Stayed July 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Columbia - Laurel - Ft. Meade, responded to this review, August 6, 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

As someone who works in hospitality, I know how important it is to treat a customer with respect and kindness. I definitely did not experience that at this hotel. I am a very easy going and laid back customer but this place infuriated me so badly that I am writing this review.
When I came to check in, one of the maintenance workers was washing sheets in a back room and eventually came out and asked me what I wanted. After I explained that I was there to check in, he shuffled papers around and looked really confused. He gave me another person's reservation and I told him that it was wrong. He kept looking around and finally came across a paper with my name on it. Then he asked me for my credit card but I refused to give it to him after he already seemed so confused and told him that I would give it to a front desk clerk the following day if they still needed it. Nobody ever asked me for a card again after that.
The next morning, a maintenance worker banged on my door as I was getting out of the shower and demanded that I leave my hotel room immediately. When I explained to him that I had a reservation for 2 more days he shouted at me and insisted that I grab my belongings and go to speak to the front desk attendant. When I reached the front desk, another customer was arguing with the attendant as the same thing had just happened to him. I made my room reservations on the actual hotel website and the woman continued to try and make me leave because of overbooking. She finally said that she would have to speak with her manager and call other hotels in the area to try and find an available room for me. She advised me to go back to my room and wait for her to call me and let me know what would be happening with my reservations and she had to revalidate my room key since she locked me out when I came down to the desk to sort things out. After waiting 2 hours, I never heard back from anyone from the front desk.

The only positive customer service that I had was from the lady who checked me out. She was very kind and personable. Other than that I would not stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Columbia - Laurel - Ft. Meade, responded to this review, July 26, 2013
Casie - The staff and I read your comments about your stay with us. Please know that we are sincerely sorry about this negative experience beginning with the fact your check-in process was not smooth and efficient. After reading your comments on how our staff approached you while in your room I would like you to know we are going through additional training to make sure your experience is not repeated. There is no excuse as to why there were so many misunderstandings and lack of communication during your stay. But please be assured your feedback is very important to us, so we thank you for sharing.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013 via mobile

I've used this extended stay on a few occasions and enjoyed it, but a lot has changed, they seem to be catering to the not so good neighbor...... Loud music, doors slamming all hours of the night, and people roaming the hall's. complaints are never followed up on. Drug activity and prostitution happens often,

• Stayed June 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Columbia - Laurel - Ft. Meade, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. Please accept our most sincere apologies for your recent experience at our hotel. I am very disheartened to read that you were disturbed by noises throughout your stay and our staff was not attentive to your needs. As well, please know, we do not condone illegal activity of any kind or outlandish behavior. With that in mind, we take your remarks very seriously and will further research them, taking action as needed.

I really appreciate you bringing this to our attention. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at bll@extendedstay.com. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013 via mobile

This use to be an awesome place,
I got verbally abused nightly by some lady who knocks on my door to do this. We crossed paths in the parking lot and she physically abused me. I've complained to shatzi and staff daily and not a thing was done. Until the physical altercation I had to move after being a faithful guest on numerous occasions this time for 15 months.

• Stayed June 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Columbia - Laurel - Ft. Meade, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am so sorry that you were involved in an altercation while staying at our hotel. Please know, the staff and I tried to provide you with the best care after this event took place, including calling the police. Still, I am very disheartened to read that you opted to stay somewhere else even after action was taken.

We really appreciated you staying at our hotel for the length of time you did. It would be our pleasure to have you stay with us again.
Owings Mills, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

Best customer service in the area, friendly and caring. Thanks to Shazia at the front desk for making my stay so interesting and comfortable. The room was fresh and clean. The breakfast bar was a nice touch but not enough food, a little more variety would help. Other wise I would recommend this hotel and location to everyone.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Columbia - Laurel - Ft. Meade, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am glad to read that you were pleased with our location as well as our staff members. Also your suggestions for the grab and go breakfast will definitely be taken into consideration.

Owings Mills, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

My family and i had a great stay at this hotel, especially the customer service that was provided to us from Ms. Shazia. She was very sweet to the kids and paid extra attention to the little things that make kids happy. The breakfast was good, but not enough in quanity for my large family size. I was really happy with the nominal rate of the rooms. Location was great, and the rooms were very clean.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Rhyma - Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. It's great to hear that you really enjoyed your stay with us. I am sorry to hear that the grab and go breakfast did not meet your needs; however, I am glad to hear that Shazia was so sweet to your children. I will be sure to share your comments with her.

Thank you again. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
HOUSTON
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Location, excellent. Close to BWI, Walmart(2), restaurants(at least 15), washateria on site, fast wifi, super cleaning service and front desk. Continental breakfast of fresh fruit, oatmeal and coffee. The coffee is stupendous. Rich, full bodied and strong. Outstanding. And the price. Super excellent. Full refrigerator, stove top, plates, real silver ware and coffee pot with toaster.

• Stayed February 2013
PropertyManager28, Manager at Extended Stay America - Columbia - Laurel - Ft. Meade, responded to this review, March 1, 2013
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to thank you for nice comments about our full Kitchens, clean rooms and great location. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope to see you again soon.

Been to Extended Stay America - Columbia - Laurel - Ft. Meade? Share your experiences!