“Good Housekeeping” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Columbia - Laurel - Ft. Meade

Save Saved
You added Extended Stay America - Columbia - Laurel - Ft. Meade to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Columbia - Laurel - Ft. Meade
Ranked #5 of 8 hotels in Jessup
Jessup, Maryland
“Good Housekeeping”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

We checked-in at Extended Stay America in Jessup Maryland for about 3 weeks now. I went out
of State on one week-end. When we came back, our room was well-kept, has new towels, new
bedsheets and the room smells very good. Everything was clean and in order. My personal thanks to Claudia, Karim and Marie! Good job, guys. Definitely, I would come back and recommend your hotel to my friends.

Room Tip: I chose first floor room.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
PropertyManager28, Manager at Extended Stay America - Columbia - Laurel - Ft. Meade, responded to this review, October 9, 2012
"Thank you so very much for your glowing review of Extended Stay America Baltimore - Laurel. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. As a member of the Extended Stay Hotels(sm) family, we are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at a great rate. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction.

25 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Landover Hills, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

This property was pretty decent for an extended stay that doesn't have housekeeping except every seven days. Front desk personnel was very courteous and helpful. Anything we needed, they were eager to give us. The bed wasn't the most comfortable but it was only for one night so it would do. Only complaint was the TV remote didn't work. Don't know if it needed batteries or what but it was cool cause I was only watching football anyways so no need to keep changing the channel. Would stay again for another one night stay.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Columbia - Laurel - Ft. Meade, responded to this review, October 1, 2012
It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at our hotel. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Our staff is continually coached on how to best provide professional, accommodating, and friendly service to every guest. I apologize for your remote not working and I will work with my staff to double check the remotes during our inspection process.

Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

Great staff, good place for a modest budget in mind. Great to have a kitchen to cook while away from home. In walking distance from strip mall, fast food there in case you want to treat yourself. There is also a laundry on site. Only down side is there is no pool or gym.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Rutland, Massachusetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

Our family of 6 made reservations for 2 non-smoking rooms a week in advance, and confirmed the day before. When we arrived, we were told there were no adjacent, king/double rooms as we had reserved, and were shown a (reeking) smoking room (which we declined). Lacking any rooms with double beds, the front desk suggested we go to Wal-Mart and purchase an air mattress for one of our children (while two or three sleep in the room's queen bed.) We did so, only to return and learn the hotel had no way of inflating said air-mattress. There were no roll-away beds in the hotel. ???!!!

Carpets dirty and worn; no shampoo, hairdryer in the run-down bathrooms. Gross inefficiency and unprofessionalism at front desk. When we inquired as to whether breakfast was included, we were told, "I think so...I think they started it today." Where would it be served? "I don't really know. I think here (gestured to vacant area in front of desk)". Unquestionably the worst hotel we have ever been stuck in. (Was evidently rescued from bankruptcy).

Room Tip: Truck-stop hotel. Stay away.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2012 via mobile

Clean and comfortable, home away from home. Stayed here 2 years ago while working in the area and recently returned I love it

• Stayed February 2012
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Columbia - Laurel - Ft. Meade, responded to this review, April 20, 2012
Thank you so very much for your glowing review of Extended Stay America Baltimore - Laurel. Whenever I read comments like yours, it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. As a member of the Extended Stay Hotels(sm) family, we are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at a great rate. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. By continuing to provide our valued guests with exceptional value, we know Extended Stay Hotels(sm) will remain the #1 extended stay lodging source in the North America.

Gloucester, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2010

There were flying bugs in one room (I killed 1 to 2 a day) so they switched me to another room and within an hour killed 3 more bugs and there were beer bottle caps under the bed and on the bathroom floor. Switched to another room which was handicapped and it had only 1 bug in the bathroom and broken furniture. Sheets had stains and comforters had stains and cigeratte burns in them. Carpets were dirty and barely vacuumed and after taking a shower I found a black hair on my towel and i'am blonde. But I have stayed at other Extended Stays in other locations which were clean and bug free.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Laurel, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2010

I stayed for 4 days/3 nights and found the room very nice and comfortable and the staff professional and very nice. I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled solo

Been to Extended Stay America - Columbia - Laurel - Ft. Meade? Share your experiences!