“Mini Vacation” 4 of 5 stars

2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   7300 Crestmount Road, Jessup, MD 20794   |
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Jessup
“Mini Vacation”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

stayed at Tropicana Hotel for two nights .. rooms were much better than expected. Had a view of ocean. Great place to visit and stay. Housekeeping was very nice and made sure we were in need of nothing. Resort had shops, restaurants and casino did let you play some for your money.. gave great comps too. was able to get some free gifts in one of the shops.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Boise, Idaho
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014

All the places close to BWI were full. I chose to book on this trip using Hotwire, which I seldom do. Using Hotwire the price of this LQ was great. The service at the front desk was equal or superior to anything I've ever gotten.

I'd stay here again.

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Alton Bay, New Hampshire
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

We were visiting family in this area and wanted a clean, reasonably-priced place to stay
with breakfast included. The breakfast was very good, with plenty of options!! The lobby was small, but clean and comfortable. The front staff were pleasant and accommodating.
We rented 3 rooms for 2 nights and 1 of the rooms was not cleaned/made-up after the first night.
The front desk person apologized and sent up clean towels, cups, etc. when informed.
The location was good, just off Rte 95, and plenty of eating spots nearby. It is dated, but we were not concerned with style!

Room Tip: We were on the 4th floor overlooking the front parking lot. Quiet and comfortable.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Willingboro, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2014

First and foremost, I want to say the staff was nice and courteous. Other than that it really just served the purpose of having a place to shower and lay my head. When I arrived to check in there was only one person working the counter. I along with thousands of others were in town for a very popular jazz festival. You would have thought they would have staffed accordingly as to not have a line just to get checked in. Ayo, was very professional nonetheless and everyone in line was patient and nice about the situation he was left with. Once checked in I thought all was well... then I found out they checked in and gave other guest keys to MY room. Luckily, these were people that I knew and they realized once seeing my belongings in the room (I was out in the parking lot getting the car unpacked) that it was my room and not an empty, unchecked room of which they should have been given. Although we laughed, joked and made light of the situation it could have turned out VERY different had "strangers" been given my room as I had left my purse on the dresser.... Hopefully, I wont have to stay here again (the hotel I usually stay in was sold out) but if so, I hope they get their act together.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

I will not stay at this la Quinta again. It is over priced, it reeked of smoke, and our room had a skylight ( couldn't change rooms cause they were full). We were in room 400 which smelled horrible and the air conditioner leaked making the floor wet. Moreover, if you plan on sleeping in, you can't due to the sun shinning through the skylight at the crack of dawn.

For the price of 100 bucks a night you should find a different la quinta for you and your pet. Oh yeah... to all of you people who complain about pets at la quinta... GET OVER IT or dont stay at la quinta. It is because of la quintas pet policy, decent breakfast, and WiFi included amenities that my family stays at la quinta.

In my experience la quinta is hit or miss and this la quinta is a miss, pick a different one or pay no more than 60 bucks to stay at this place!

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Southern MD
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

Like another reviewer, we stayed here while our dog had surgery. The hotel is near the highway, but tucked away near some woods and has plenty of space for the dogs to walk. The room was clean and simple. The bed was a bit worn, but not broken down, and was fitted with nice crisp, clean sheets. Nice TV and desk area, and the fridge/microwave was nice. The pleasant staff was what made this a 4 dot, not just a 3 dot rating. Everyone from the front desk clerk to the breakfast bar staff was kind and helpful. We plan to stay at La Quinta again since they make traveling with pets much easier.

Room Tip: large dog walking facilities are available and there were doggie clean up bags.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Simpsonville, South Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2014

It was a pretty run down hotel but in a quiet area where we heard no outside noise. My mother needed the ADA room next door so we took the very small room with two double beds. They were so small my husband had to sleep in one and I in the other. The lights in the bathroom go out if we turn the light on over the sink so every time we used either we had to re-set the red button. No gym or pool.

Room Tip: We did not hear any outside noise so this is a good place to stay if you want it quiet.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Columbia Jessup? Share your experiences!