“Very good, clean accommodations & reasonable $” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save up to 25%
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Jessup
Sarasota, Florida
“Very good, clean accommodations & reasonable $”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013

We were on business in the area, unpredictable length of stay. Also have a pet. This really limits choices. We are exceedingly pleased w this hotel and the courteous staff. Nice choice at the light breakfast which is what we prefer.

Thanks.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

We drive twice a year from Québec to Florida and back: 12 hôtels along the way. This was our first stay at La Quinta in Jessup MD. We enjoyed it very much. Every thing was exactly the way we like: quiet. Even the heating unit was totally silent which was a first for us and very much appreciated. It was our first stay but it won't be our last. We highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Schenectady
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

I picked this hotel for location as I was looking for a place between the Baltimore and Washington beltways. It was my first (and last) La Quinta stay. First, the negative: The porter's cart had wheels on it, but they were just for show. It was like dragging a stalled car through the lobby, into the elevator, and down the hall to my room. Plus, there was no automatic door opener on the front door so getting this loaded, lock-wheeled cart into the hotel while trying to hold the door at the same time was quite a challenge. Then the room key didn't work so I had to go back to the front desk to have it reset. The temperature in the room was about 80 degrees. The AC was not working. The maintenance man fixed that, plus he showed me how to open the window to get some fresh air. He needn't have bothered. There was a hole in the screen big enough for a bird to fly through. there was a family of ants living around the room desk area. When I reported it to the front desk at check-out, the girl behind the counter told me they get in through the AC system. Here's my question: If you know there's an ant problem, wouldn't it make sense to take care of it before the guests check in? I had my do-no-disturb tag on my door so housekeeping didn't come knocking in the morning. However, they did seem to make as much noise as possible out in the hallway and in the rooms on either side of mine and across the hall. Banging carts, slamming doors, shouting down the hall to each other. Also, breakfast is over at 9:00. That probably works for business travelers, but for leisure travelers it would be nice to keep the service open until 10:00. On the plus side: The HD/TV was a nice treat since I don't have HD at home. And check-out was at noon, not at eleven like a lot of places. But usually a noon check-out means breakfast is served until ten.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Enola, Pennsylvania, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

The hotel smelled musty as soon as you walk in the door. The hallway with the elevator smelled like wet dog. When I got to my floor the closet with the ice machine had overflowing trash every day. when I got to my room I found the outlet on the right side of my bed had a broken off prong from a cord sticking out. The outlet to the left of the bed was barely in the wall. One of my co workers in another room saw fleas on his desk. Another managed to find 2 fleas in his bag after getting home. There is a switch behind the recliner that turns off the AC if you accidently bump it. I thought this was a silly place for a main power switch. The breakfast was poor, the muffins seemed to be frozen. I would not recommend this hotel to anybody and if I need to stay in the area again it will not be here.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

1 Thank Ian D
Belleville
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

I made the mistake of arriving here not knowing that there was a dog show and hockey tournament and they were all here. I was given a handicapped room and we are not handicapped, that is not what I booked. I booked a queen bed and got a single bed. The room was not very clean. The front desk advised that they were fully booked and no room changes could be done. It would be nice to know when you are reserving a room that you will get what you reserve. Also it would be nice to know when hotels are filled with hockey teens and dogs. On a long drive up I 95 you need your rest.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank James M
Greensboro, North Carolina, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

Then you may want to rethink it.. I am not fond of pet hotels. There must have been over 10 here last night. The place reeked of dog!! At one point near the elevator there is the most awful smell. Not sure what it is.,.. The lobby was filthy.. I think they had a group in house.. I saw 2 people checking out while I checked in.. Didn't like the rooms.. But my car broke down., and I was dropped off. No where to run.. The floors were filthy.. The front desk clerk was awesome.. But I think he needed someone to work with him.. To at least clean up .. He was pretty busy.. Anyway.. The rooms were better than the lobby etc.. My room smelled like dog. So I blasted the ac!! There was a bug on my pillow.. Which made me jump.. Thought it was a bed bug.. Lol.. IT WAS NOT!! It was an ant.. Ok.. Let me explain.. I stay in hotels about 300 nights a year.. I also used to do quality control for a huge company of hotels.. So I am more critical than most.. As for ants... I have seen people give one star.. But me... I know from working in hotels.. Those things are hard to get rid of.. So once I saw it was an ant I felt better.,. The floors were a combo of hardwood and carpet. Neither was vacuumed . The hardwood had dirt you could see on it...bathroom was ...um well it was ok.. But again a housekeeping issue.. I think I would have overlooked a lot if the lobby and elevators and halls would have been cleaner looking and smelling.. Would I stay again??? Well if I can use my points and get a good rate yes. But to choose this first no..

Room Tip: If you don't have a pet.. Ask for a room away from them