“Super 8, Jessup, MD” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Super 8 Motel

Save Saved
You added Super 8 Motel to your Saves list
Super 8 Motel
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   8094 Washington Blvd., US Hwy 1 and Rd 175, Jessup, MD 20794   |
Ranked #7 of 8 Hotels in Jessup
Brooklyn
“Super 8, Jessup, MD”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2012

When I checked in I found that there was no chain on the door. The lady at the desk told me that all of the rooms were that way. I told her that even in an expensive hotel, there was a way to double-lock the door. She told me (although I don't think this was the way it was meant to come out) that this "was a cheap motel". When I returned from dinner, I found a chain attached. Two bulbs were out in the room. I obtained two bulbs from the front desk and replaced them myself.

Room Tip: Not a great place to stay. I gave it a second try. No more.
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Syracuse, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2011

Based on the previous reviews, I stayed at the Super 8 in Jessup, MD. Based on my stay at the hotel, I can only conclude the other reviewers are wrong.

The hotel cost roughly sixty dollars per night, and that was overcharging for it. The hotel is in a seedy area, although there were several restaurants within a few miles of the motel. The parking lot was extremely small, and it had at least one moving van in it each night which made parking more difficult. It was directly next door to an abandoned house that had overgrown with vines and was covered with graffiti. The lobby was one of the smallest ones I've ever seen, and the clerk was behind a glass window. It was also the area for the most pathetic breakfast offering of all time--a couple of stale bagels and some coffee. Honestly, three people could not have fit in the lobby at the same time.

The room was cheap looking. The floor underneath the carpet was uneven. You could feel the bumps when you walked across it. Because of the area, I felt the need to put a chair in front of the door each night (for added security). The room had a refrigerator and a microwave (which did not work at all). Even though it was a non-smoking room, it still reeked of smoke. The wireless internet was fast enough, but repeatedly asked you to reconnect several times per day. The combination television/dresser had one of the handles broken off of one of the drawers. The rug had an unusual stain on it. The bed had a hard mattress, which wasn't very comfortable.

I travel to the area a lot for work but I will never stay at this hotel ever again. I also highly recommend that no one else stay here either.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Mississauga
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2011

Very accommodating front desk staff and clean rooms. Nothing spectacular but a good price ($60) considering it's between Baltimore and Washington...and it was one of those HORRIBLE Washington snowfalls!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2010

I have used the Jessup Super 8 three times in the past two months due to business. Each time the reservation process was smooth, the check in fast and efficient. The room was always clean and featured a mini frig and a microwave. Although it is off a busy highway, road noise was not an issue in any way. Sleeping was quiet and trouble free. Several nice restaurants near by. Definitely recommend as an excellent value.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2009

My husband and I stayed in this motel for three days in July and had a wonderful time. The staff was very helpful and friendly (even helped us find good places to eat in the area!). Our room was very clean and quiet. The air conditioning, refrigerator, and microwave worked great, and the room was always nice and cool even in the sweltering July heat. There was a coffee machine and coffee/cups already in the room, as well as a TV and remote (with working batteries).

The motel is very close to the interstate, but we had no problems whatsoever with noise. The motel is only about 20 minutes or so from Baltimore and is only a few minutes away from the Mall in Columbia. There is a Burger King and several restaurants very close by (including some that deliver to the motel for free). Overall, this is an excellent place to stay and I highly recommend it if you're looking for a great motel experience that's doesn't cost an arm and a leg.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
Siler City, NC
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2009

When checking in after a long drive, we asked for a room with one bed, we got a room with 2 doubles and the beds I supposed were full size because my husband and I could not sleep comfortably in the same bed. I am diabetic so I needed the refrigerator for my insulin. The one that was in the room did NOT keep it cold. Maybe I should of put it in the ice tray part which was the only thing that seemed cold. The air conditioner did not cool the room off. So we couldn't sleep because the room was hot. Then the shower the next morning was the most disgusting. The tub looked dirty. When we tried to shoer the drain only worked if you held the depressor down with your foot while trying to shower otherwise you were standing in your dirty bath water. I am not acrobatic so this was very difficult and took almost 10 minutes to drain for my husband to go through the same thing when he was done. When we turned in our key card shortly after and complained about our head the gentleman at the desk just nodded. I don't even think he understood one word that was just said to him or he just didn't care. We travel a lot and have never had a problem with a Super 8 until now. And we never will again because we won't stay in one ever again!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2008

Beware of check-in policies. Lady at check-in window didn't know how to process a credit card, nor could she speak english, so she called her husband who wasn't on the premises and he advised her to check me in and keep my credit card until he got back in 30 minutes so he could process it then. I wasn't about to leave my credit card with her, so I left and went to another hotel down the road.

• Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Super 8 Motel? Share your experiences!