“Pleasant surprise.” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Indian Head
Kingsport, Tennessee
“Pleasant surprise.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

After reading some of the posted reviews I was not 100% sold on the idea of staying here. I found none of the negative points posted here except for no swimming pool which did not matter to me as I was not on vacation but visiting in connection with a friend's funeral. When I saw the rate I thought to myself "Oh my" but what I found was equal to double and even triple the price quality. I spent three nights there and ate my breakfast there the first morning but at the insistence of my grandson I went to McDonalds the 2nd morning and the 3rd morning I departed the motel at 4am which was too early for breakfast. I found a courteous and efficient staff, clean rooms, hallways, elevators and breakfast area. It was the only motel within 25 miles of where I needed to be but it met all my needs. I was in a smoke free room and it smelled smoke free. All furnishings, in my opinion, were up to date and my grandson enjoyed the free wifi. I found no bate and switch here; the online price I was quoted is what I was charged. Great stay.

Room Tip: My bed was soft which my wife would have loved had she been along. For me I prefer a harder bed. D...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

My mother and I stayed earlier this month. There was no significance in the area, but it was close to all we wanted to do. Just a place to sleep while we ran around Maryland and Washington DC. I searched around for different properties while doing my research of Maryland. I am a Wyndham Rewards member and I have stayed at many Super 8 hotels.The staff and owners were extremely helpful and attentive. I will defiantly stay at this property again when I am in the area.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Tyumen, Russia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014

Huge rooms equipped with almost everything. 1 meter wide flat screen TV. Stunning view to the wild forest with squirrels and rabbits jumping by. Very good breakfast with plenty of room to have it.
Affordable price, friendly and helpful staff. So it is one of the best motels I have ever stayed in.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Richmond, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

I stay at many 8 motels and till this one....I was able to communicate with the owners. well this owner was upset.by our late check.in an the fact tht at 6pm he wS trying to charge my credit card for 3rooms for 2 nights each. which was purposely declined. the process is.....tell the hotel(everytime) late check in and we will pay cash whn we get thr. well after him not being able to get paid they rebooked our rooms. never given the chance to explain....I told the person.I spoketo exactly thtwhn booking therooms in the phone. well got. chkd inan I callfront desk and ask.why is there a wet towel next to the fridge...right away some one came to get it and explained the fridge had been defrosted. not a problem....but...when I saw the dog food on the floor.....hmmm...well whn the owner got to the room and saw me taking a picture of it on three floor he imediatelyasked mysel n the other guess to check out... Umm not gonna happn u charged our credit cards. finally we came to a resolution because of an outsider....not to mention all other hotels were bookd solid. 2stars becuz the room was not bad...beds were clean bathroom was clean n the other ladies were very kind. didn't even let them vacuum just pik up the dog food. no...dont think tht will b.on my list of hotels for tht area.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Been to Super 8 Indian Head? Share your experiences!