“VERY GOOD HOTEL - CLEAN & QUIET” 4 of 5 stars

2.0 of 5 Motel   |   4694 Indian head Highway, Indian Head, MD 20640   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Indian Head
Dover, New Hampshire
1,126 helpful votes 1,126 helpful votes
“VERY GOOD HOTEL - CLEAN & QUIET”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

Upon arriving in the lobby, I knew that this hotel was a big step up from the accommodations of the previous two nights. Compared to the Super 8 in Jessup, MD, this Super 8 was a PALACE.

The breakfast area was part of the lobby. It had tables and chairs, a couch, and arm chairs.

Beverly checked me in. She was very nice.

I got a room on the first floor. The decor in the room was nice. The desk had a really nice high-back leather office chair. The room featured a lounge chair and a large (42"?) flat-screen HDTV. The refrigerator had a QUIET MOTOR...no ticking. The view out the window was of large evergreen shrubs and trees.

There were several restaurants nearby. On Beverly's recommendation, I went to Calo Jero's Deli & Pizza just down the road. See my review.

Back at the hotel, I was ready to retire early. The king size bed had five plump pillows! The bed was SUPER COMFORTABLE. It had a pillow-top mattress with good support. I slept right through with no disturbances from traffic or noisy guests in neighboring rooms.

In the morning, I had a defrosted Eggo-style waffle and coffee. I took an orange for a mid-morning snack.

I would stay here again the next time I'm in the area.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Earlysville
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

When we arrived light bulb was out, telephone was broke and the chair when you set in it at the desk dropped all the way to the floor, put it up and it would drop again. So I had to walk to the front desk to report all of this. They handed me the light bulb to put in, they got a new phone brought it down and plugged it in took the chair then brought it back and it was still not working right. The next morning we told them it still wasn't working right so when we got back that evening they had replaced with a different chair. All of this we had to contend with after getting there at 8:30 9 o'clock at night.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Garden City Beach, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

I selected this hotel because it was close to my parents condo and I could bring my dog. I had had terrible experiences with the LaQuinta hotel in Waldorf that allows pets and was assured by Richard when I called to book my reservation that I would not be suffering a similar fate...and he was right. The room was bigger, better and nicer; the staff was attentive and friendly...and the nightly rate (even with an added pet fee) was less. The parking lot and immediate area was quiet and safe and just two blocks away there is a wonderful walking, running, biking trail that runs thru the woods for miles. (FYI I'm a property manager at a large resort and I think this Super 8 gets an A+.)

Room Tip: I asked for a room on the third floor at the back of the hotel....my view was all grass and trees (w...