“When we arrived light bulb was out, telephone was broke and...” 2 of 5 stars

Super 8 Indian Head
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   4694 Indian head Highway, Indian Head, MD 20640   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Indian Head
Earlysville
“When we arrived light bulb was out, telephone was broke and...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

When we arrived light bulb was out, telephone was broke and the chair when you set in it at the desk dropped all the way to the floor, put it up and it would drop again. So I had to walk to the front desk to report all of this. They handed me the light bulb to put in, they got a new phone brought it down and plugged it in took the chair then brought it back and it was still not working right. The next morning we told them it still wasn't working right so when we got back that evening they had replaced with a different chair. All of this we had to contend with after getting there at 8:30 9 o'clock at night.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Garden City Beach, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

I selected this hotel because it was close to my parents condo and I could bring my dog. I had had terrible experiences with the LaQuinta hotel in Waldorf that allows pets and was assured by Richard when I called to book my reservation that I would not be suffering a similar fate...and he was right. The room was bigger, better and nicer; the staff was attentive and friendly...and the nightly rate (even with an added pet fee) was less. The parking lot and immediate area was quiet and safe and just two blocks away there is a wonderful walking, running, biking trail that runs thru the woods for miles. (FYI I'm a property manager at a large resort and I think this Super 8 gets an A+.)

Room Tip: I asked for a room on the third floor at the back of the hotel....my view was all grass and trees (w...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Takoma Park, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

This is definitely a case of "looks are deceiving." The exterior doesn't look like much, but the room itself more than made up for it. Just a caution that if you are very sensitive to cigarette smoke, this may not be the ideal location for you: they do not separate the smoking and non-smoking rooms. So that was a downer since I have asthma. Thankfully, you only have to deal with the cigarette smell in the hallway: no wafting cigarette smoke in the room. Other than that, the bed was comfy, the room was clean and we would definitely go back again.

P.S. For you movie stream--lovers out there, if you have an HDMI cable, you can connect your mobile device and stream movies to the nicely sized LG TV. There are also ports to connect gaming devices if that's your preference.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Been to Super 8 Indian Head? Share your experiences!