“Great family restaurant!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American, Italian
Charleston, South Carolina
“Great family restaurant!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2012

The food was wonderful and the prices were very reasonable. The staff was friendly.

Visited June 2012

72% Recommend
Landover, Maryland, United States
“Love it!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2012

I love their shrimp & crab pasta!! I order it everytime I go in there. It is so delicious. You can also sit inside and enjoy a nice quiet meal if you like.

Annapolis, Maryland
“Best pizza ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2012

The Italian Inn still has the best Italian food and pizza. There are imitators out there... but this is the real deal. The pizza is the best we've ever had. Thick, cheesy, and good. We moved from the area 4 years ago. This was our first time back. We took our parents there tonight. The food is still delicious and affordable. We split a large garden salad. I love their dressing. The nice lady (Mimi) who runs the place said they even sell it by the bottle.

• Visited February 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Traditional Greek Italian and American Foods for over 50 yrs served here”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2012 via mobile

My Uncles opened this resturant back in 1961 one was from Greece 2 were from Italy. The food was amazing and so was the Atmosphere and the people who worked there. Uncle Nick eventually bought everyone out and remained running the resturant everyday till he retired and leased it to the Gionni family a few years before his death in 1997....He was married to the resturant and even though I'm so happy that he finally got to go on vacation and spend time with family before he died I sometimes think that resturant really kept him going.... He loved to feed everybody he loved the customers and the employees he took care of everybody like family... Some of my favorite memories as a kid were of eating pizza and playing in his office at the resturant.. He had an old 2 way mirror and my sister and I thought that was so neat.... We loved going in the kitchen too him and my Dad would slice cheese n meats and talk. I have never to this day had a better pizza than Uncle Nick used to make at the Italian Inn... The only thing that comes close is Ledos is a much thinner generic version... Its not the same=:( The last time We went to the Italian Inn I was happy to see some of the original decor like the mural and the Booths still in place and some of the original menu but very sad to see alot of the old paintings and pictures gone... There was one large painting of an Italian girl in a peasant Top with Large hoop earings that hung over "our booth" I was going to offer to buy it from the Gionni's but when I spoke with Mrs. Gionni she said they gave away or thru out the old pictures after they decided to "freshen things up" ... I was so dissapointed. But every owner has to put thier own personal touch on a place. My Aunt ( Elvinia- Nicks wife) officially sold the Resturant to the Gionnis in June of 1999... Overall they did a pretty good job of preserving the old charm of The Inn while still making fresh changes to make it thier own... Our Old Family Booth was still their and the same whacky waitress has been there forever ... I still think Uncle Nick is going to come hobbling out of his office and down the hall at any minute sometimes=:) I know that he's not but as much as I miss him being there overall The Italian Inn still feels like Home to me..... I highly reccomend it become a family tradition to your family as well still great food and still great people.... Thank you to the Gionni Family for taking such good care of the old place- Katie Lauer Carrico ... Laplata , Md.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Long Island, NY
“Great Find !!!Can't wait to go back!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2012

Recommended by the Holiday Express, Services was fast! Linda, our waitess was awesome. Great with the kids and very warm and friendly. Food was better than I expected. Soup or Salad and Big portion entree. My husband and I were so impress with the Inn we went back at the end of our trip. Veal Parm, Chicken Marsala, Seafood, Alfredo, Liver & Onions and of course Chicken fingers all highly reccommended. We ended up with leftovers and made it back to NY for lunch the next day. Spoke to owners about having a banquet event in June. Can't wait to go back. Don't miss some good home Italian cooking. Wish it was closer to NY.

• Visited December 2011