The day after I cancelled our downtown DC hotel reservation, our Congressman came through with White House tour tickets and everything (reasonably priced) was booked. So, I was thrilled to find this Holiday Inn at an appealing rate. I am wary of hotel shuttle services and their reliability, so we rented a car, but this turned out not to be necessary at all.
The lobby area is spotless, comfortable, and welcoming (with two PCs and a printer for guests, along with an area for coffee, with creamers which we appreciated). Check-in was friendly and efficient. Having to use a key to operate the elevator always makes us feel more secure (knowing no one other than guests can access the upper floors).
We found the location to be extremely convenient (right off the BW Parkway and only a short drive from the New Carrollton station - for Amtrak, MARC, and Metro). The neighborhood was just fine with everything you could possibly want/need nearby. (We were thrilled to find Ledo’s Pizza!)
Our room was spacious and comfortable. Everything seemed brand new, with meticulous housekeeping. TV Channel reference handy for 42" flat screen TV. There were two outlets right in the lamp on the desk (one for laptop, other for charging phones). Linens were plentiful (and snow white) with plenty of plush pillows and towels. Lots of hangers in closet. Excellent climate control. Air Conditioning was so powerful, we ultimately switched to Fan Only (mid September).
Service throughout our stay was extraordinary. Shuttle service was convenient and always very prompt with a courteous driver.
My only quibble is that, while there was plenty of room for board and iron, the lamp or bedside clock had to be unplugged to plug in the iron. (Tip: Fill steam iron with the coffee pot.)
We really enjoyed our stay and appreciated the helpfulness and cheerfulness of the entire staff (especially Chrissy at the front desk).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Express Washington DC/BW Parkway is conveniently located off of the Baltimore-Washington Parkway and is just minutes from Downtown, D.C., Bowie State University, the White House, the University of Maryland, Chinatown historic neighborhood, Washington Convention Center, the Baltimore Convention Center, College Park Aviation Museum, DAR Constitution Hall performance venue, NASA's Goddard Space Flight Center, the Smithsonian Institution, Merriweather Post Pavilion entertainment facility, FedEx Field-the Home of the Washington Redskins, and Prince George's Community Sportsplex. Sightseeing tours depart from the hotel and the Metro station is easily accessible.Please let me take a moment to highlight some of the great benefits and amenities your guest will receive at our newly renovated facility.Guest Room Amenities Include:•Coffee Makers•Iron and Ironing Board•Voice Mail and Data ports•Wired and Wireless High Speed Internet Connection•In room movies and cable access •Hair Dryers•Refrigerator and microwaves in every room•In-Room Safes for your convenience•Complimentary Deluxe Hot Breakfast that includes but is not limited to: Hot Eggs, Hot Bacon or Sausage, Hot Pancakes and our signature cinnamon rolls.•Fitness Room•Business Center•Complimentary Car & Motorcoach Parking•Complimentary Metro & Local Area Shuttle•Complimentary local calls•High Speed Wired and Wireless Internet access throughout the hotel•Complimentary USA Today Newspapers•FREE self laundry facilities ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Priceline, Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Agoda, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Washington DC - BW Parkway reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Washington Dc - Bw Parkway Hotel Hyattsville
- Holiday Inn Express Washington DC - BW Parkway Maryland/Hyattsville