I booked this hotel for a short sightseeing trip to Washington, D.C. I have stayed in Holiday Inn Express hotels many times before, and have always been impressed. This hotel changed my view.
The hotel building itself isn't bad - a pretty standard hotel. It was supposed to have been remodeled in 2010, but there are already signs of aging.
First complaint: The bathtubs have no plug, which is really weird. I have a one-year-old who I had to wipe down because we couldn't bathe him. I complained to the manager on duty the first night we were there, and he told me that "most hotels don't have plugs in the tubs now." That is about the biggest load of cr*p I've ever heard! He told me he would see what he could do and call me back. Needless to say, I had to go back down the next night because nobody called. The next morning, I spoke to the general manager. He told me a story about how several people had drowned in the tubs so that is why they removed the plugs. The hotel's website, however, advertises bathtubs in the rooms. The manager did give me a discount on the room, but only after I asked specifically for it.
The hotel has free WiFi, which is really nice, but the desk in the room we were in had no outlet close enough to plug in a laptop, which pretty much defeats the purpose of the desk.
The shuttle service is nice, too, but we waited for 40 minutes for a pick-up from the metro station, and had to call twice to remind them to come get us. Not what you want after a long day sightseeing.
Not impressed, and will not stay here again.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Washington Dc - Bw Parkway Hotel Hyattsville
- Holiday Inn Express Washington Dc - Bw Parkway Hotel
- Holiday Inn Express Washington DC - BW Parkway Maryland/Hyattsville
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Express Washington DC/BW Parkway is conveniently located off of the Baltimore-Washington Parkway and is just minutes from Downtown, D.C., Bowie State University, the White House, the University of Maryland, Chinatown historic neighborhood, Washington Convention Center, the Baltimore Convention Center, College Park Aviation Museum, DAR Constitution Hall performance venue, NASA's Goddard Space Flight Center, the Smithsonian Institution, Merriweather Post Pavilion entertainment facility, FedEx Field-the Home of the Washington Redskins, and Prince George's Community Sportsplex. Sightseeing tours depart from the hotel and the Metro station is easily accessible.Please let me take a moment to highlight some of the great benefits and amenities your guest will receive at our newly renovated facility.Guest Room Amenities Include:•Coffee Makers•Iron and Ironing Board•Voice Mail and Data ports•Wired and Wireless High Speed Internet Connection•In room movies and cable access •Hair Dryers•Refrigerator and microwaves in every room•In-Room Safes for your convenience•Complimentary Deluxe Hot Breakfast that includes but is not limited to: Hot Eggs, Hot Bacon or Sausage, Hot Pancakes and our signature cinnamon rolls.•Fitness Room•Business Center•Complimentary Car & Motorcoach Parking•Complimentary Metro & Local Area Shuttle•Complimentary local calls•High Speed Wired and Wireless Internet access throughout the hotel•Complimentary USA Today Newspapers•FREE self laundry facilities ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, IHG, Orbitz, Priceline, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Washington DC - BW Parkway reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.