“Oh My Gosh!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dallas, TX
“Oh My Gosh!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012 via mobile

Growing up in the south, I am hard to impress when it comes to southern style restaurants. Especially ones that are in northern states. But the food was finger-licking good. I went in determined to order dessert. They give you so much food that I could not finish everything on my plate. And forget about dessert. There was no way that I could have eaten another bite. The next time I am there I will eat dessert first!

Hyattsville, Maryland
“Amazing Place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

I heard great reviews about the meatloaf so I had to try it myself. When I went there, everything looked good. I purchased several entre's for the family and everyone loved it.

“Welcome welcome welcome”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012 via mobile

Is how you will feel during your entire time at this down home classy establishment. I luv it here ,the staff are all pretty ,handsome and well trained. The food is to die for.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Bowie, MD
“The Family Enjoyed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012

In reading some of the reviews, there seems to be some confusion between the Carolina Kitchen Bar and Grill in Hayattsville and the CarolinI Kitchen at the Blvd in Largo. This review is about the Bar and Grill.

Lets talk about the food first. GREAT FOOD. To a person, everyone said the food was great and required no seasoning. The picky eaters at the table were more than pleased with their selections and because of portion sizes, everyone left with doggy bags. My only complaint was the lemonade which was supposed to be homemade and it was not.

I found the atmosphere to be nice but a cross between resturant and sports bar. Our waiter was friendly and attentive.

The reason I'm giving this place only 3 dots: We were seated in the rear and I did notice a couple of issues such as a torn seat with a patch which was coming apart. There were chicken bones and flatware on the floor under our tables. No one at our table had chicken and no one requested additional flatware. Finally, temperature outside was at or above 100, the temperature inside seemed to be in the low to mid 90's, very warm.

• Visited July 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Ann Arbor, Michigan
“Solid and Consistent! Not a Buffet”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

For some reason, I thought this pace was an all you can eat buffet so I never visited. I was invited out with friends and I was so shocked. The atmosphere and the quality of the food was really great! This is good, down home soul food, like what big mama used to make on Sunday. Definitely a great find. Enjoy it as a family or just a good night out with friends.

• Visited June 2012