I stay at this hotel once a year and it has undergone a nice remodeling. This year, I was in the conference center building in a room that was described accurately as cozy. It was small, but it was ok enough for one person and it was comfortable. There are things I simply do not understand, though, such as the current trend in bathroom design that separates the bathroom from the bedroom by glass, in this case a blue sliding glass door. Cannot people have some last bit of privacy? And the shower was a long narrow compartment that most likely had previously held a tub. There was a half-glass wall to separate the shower from the sink and toilet but the mechanism to turn the water on and off was at the end of the compartment so there was no way to turn on the water to figure out the temperature without getting soaked. And the floor had no slope, so the water spilled out into the main part of the bathroom and required the bath mat and more towels to sop up the water to prevent slipping. To me, this is a stupid design that privileges aesthetics over function and does not take into consideration guest safety. The room was attractive, but the walls were painted black with black switchplates and black switches. So, do I have to say that it was a little hard to find the light switches and the outlets? Who thinks this is a good idea? All that said, the bed was comfortable and they finally have room service, although my breakfast arrived late. The restaurant's food is tasty and the bartender was friendly. The staff was competent and responsive. I thought the room was overpriced and I had to pay in full 60 days in advance with no possible refund because it was an "event weekend." That was harsh.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Setting the standard for Maryland hotels, the College Park Marriott Hotel & Conference Center maintains a strong position for its Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) as the first LEED-certified lodging in the United States and welcomes guests with opulent accommodations that include VIP suites and 40,000 square feet of high-tech event space. Whether traveling for business or leisure, guests will find the eco-friendly College Park, Maryland hotel's attentive service and lavish amenities a reflection of its dedication to provide travelers with a remarkable hotel experience. Luxury bedding ensembles, Plug-In technology, complimentary wireless Internet access and room service are standard in all guest rooms and suites with Concierge Level accommodations available for even greater comfort. Guests are also pampered with easy access to the University of Maryland, the FDA's White Oak campus, downtown Washington, D.C. And some of the country's most treasured monuments and attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Marriott, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your College Park Marriott Hotel & Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Inn & Conference Center, University Of Maryland University College Hotel
- The Inn And Conference Center, University Of Maryland University College
- Marriott Conference Center Hyattsville
- College Park Marriott Hotel & Conference Center Maryland/Hyattsville