Tiny, tiny room despite charging full gov't DC area per diem rates. This room is in Hyattsville, MD several miles outside DC. For the rate this hotel charges, you can stay in Washington DC hotel of similar or better quality within walking distance of a central area metro and walking distance of the National Mall, Smithsonian, etc. And the room will be about three times larger than this one.
The bed in the room was extra firm and uncomfortable. If staying there again , I'd ask for a normal medium or plush bed. Also, the reading light didn’t work. In the morning, after not sleeping real well, I noticed that the coffee tray had two decaffeinated coffee packs - no regular caffeinated coffee. Not a big deal, but after not sleeping on an uncomfortable bed, it was a little annoying. Called the desk and they sent a carafe of coffee on the house, I also mentioned the light bulb in the reading light, though this was never repaired. The hotel is incredibly elegant, great restaurant food, awesome 24 hour gym. It is located right on the campus so perfect If you're there for anything at U of Maryland. Despite uncomfortable bed and tiny room, I booked a third night since my conference was extended and I didn’t have a rental car. The Manager upgraded my room to a really outrageously comfortable suite truly fit for a member of congress, or foreign dignitary.
I am kind of a quiet traveler and like to stay at certain hotel chains because usually I can count on a reasonable-sized room, comfortable bed, coffee in the room, clean room, lights working, etc. Not the case with this stay, though they did upgrade me on the third night. I appreciate the upgrade and it did please me, though in reality I would have preferred to check in and just find an ordinary room of Marriott Wash-DC area quality and not have any drama at all.
The courtesy shuttle was great. Driver was awesome, very pleasant guy. The few times I needed it, the shuttle was available very quickly. The driver (forgot his name) really knows a lot about Hyattsville, Maryland, and DC. The campus is very walkable from the hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Setting the standard for Maryland hotels, the College Park Marriott Hotel & Conference Center maintains a strong position for its Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) as the first LEED-certified lodging in the United States and welcomes guests with opulent accommodations that include VIP suites and 40,000 square feet of high-tech event space. Whether traveling for business or leisure, guests will find the eco-friendly College Park, Maryland hotel's attentive service and lavish amenities a reflection of its dedication to provide travelers with a remarkable hotel experience. Luxury bedding ensembles, Plug-In technology, complimentary wireless Internet access and room service are standard in all guest rooms and suites with Concierge Level accommodations available for even greater comfort. Guests are also pampered with easy access to the University of Maryland, the FDA's White Oak campus, downtown Washington, D.C. And some of the country's most treasured monuments and attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Despegar.com, Marriott, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your College Park Marriott Hotel & Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Inn & Conference Center, University Of Maryland University College Hotel
- The Inn And Conference Center, University Of Maryland University College
- Marriott Conference Center Hyattsville
- College Park Marriott Hotel & Conference Center Maryland/Hyattsville