We decided to make a quick day trip up to UM to watch Old Dominion football take on Maryland. Despite some so-so reviews on TA, I booked the Marriot 1) due to it being a Marriot and 2) it’s proximity to the stadium. Upon arrival (we arrived around 11:00am) our room was not ready anf the front desk was kind enough to say they would give us a call when it was ready. When we checked in, we were upgraded to a “Junior Suite” in the “older building.” Based on the reviews from past TA guests, I was not thrilled by the old building but it was one night so it wasn’t a big deal.
Let me tell you, I was completely wrong. The building was in the finishing stages of a complete renovation and our room was one of the nicer Marriot rooms I have stayed in. Our friends did not get lucky enough for an upgrade and their room was very nice, but also very small. I would highly recommend splurging for the Jr. Suite simply due to the size.
The only downfall was with the restaurant on site. The front desk promoted a post game buffet special and when we (and MANY other guests) tried to take advantage, they informed us they were not having it that night. They have a huge specials board that promoted the special as well. In the end, the manager gave a token discount of 10% (do the math, the hotel still comes out waaaay ahead), but the service was good and the bar was a nice hangout.
If I ever go to UM again, I will def. be staying here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Setting the standard for Maryland hotels, the College Park Marriott Hotel & Conference Center maintains a strong position for its Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) as the first LEED-certified lodging in the United States and welcomes guests with opulent accommodations that include VIP suites and 40,000 square feet of high-tech event space. Whether traveling for business or leisure, guests will find the eco-friendly College Park, Maryland hotel's attentive service and lavish amenities a reflection of its dedication to provide travelers with a remarkable hotel experience. Luxury bedding ensembles, Plug-In technology, complimentary wireless Internet access and room service are standard in all guest rooms and suites with Concierge Level accommodations available for even greater comfort. Guests are also pampered with easy access to the University of Maryland, the FDA's White Oak campus, downtown Washington, D.C. And some of the country's most treasured monuments and attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Expedia, Orbitz, Tingo, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Venere so you can book your College Park Marriott Hotel & Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Inn & Conference Center, University Of Maryland University College Hotel
- The Inn And Conference Center, University Of Maryland University College
- Marriott Conference Center Hyattsville
- College Park Marriott Hotel & Conference Center Maryland/Hyattsville