I was at a conference at the University and it was the only place within walking distance. One problem is that there isn't anything within walking distance of it. The hotel has a restaurant which is OK but expensive. Otherwise there is the food court at the student union--during the summer on the weekend, it was mostly closed. I needed some ibuprofen- the hotel had packets of 2 tabs for $2.(!). The student union had some small overpriced bottles of it and I also bought something from their limited snack food supply. No other shops of any kind are nearby. So if you don't have a car and don't want to pay for a taxi, be sure to bring everything you need and plan to eat at the restaurant there. (or McDonalds at the student union if you find it open).
The room was spacious and pleasant. The wi-fi in the room was good and at no charge. Service wasn't great. I wanted to rest in my room one afternoon and found it hadn't been made up- around 3:00. . I called the service number and the person breezily told me that housekeeping worked until 5:30 and she was sure they'd get to me, which they did, around 5.
All in all, I'd say that if you have to be on campus for something, it's an OK place to stay, but I'm not sure why you'd want to stay there otherwise.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Setting the standard for Maryland hotels, the College Park Marriott Hotel & Conference Center maintains a strong position for its Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) as the first LEED-certified lodging in the United States and welcomes guests with opulent accommodations that include VIP suites and 40,000 square feet of high-tech event space. Whether traveling for business or leisure, guests will find the eco-friendly College Park, Maryland hotel's attentive service and lavish amenities a reflection of its dedication to provide travelers with a remarkable hotel experience. Luxury bedding ensembles, Plug-In technology, complimentary wireless Internet access and room service are standard in all guest rooms and suites with Concierge Level accommodations available for even greater comfort. Guests are also pampered with easy access to the University of Maryland, the FDA's White Oak campus, downtown Washington, D.C. And some of the country's most treasured monuments and attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Priceline, Expedia, Booking.com, Marriott, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your College Park Marriott Hotel & Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Inn & Conference Center, University Of Maryland University College Hotel
- The Inn And Conference Center, University Of Maryland University College
- Marriott Conference Center Hyattsville
- College Park Marriott Hotel & Conference Center Maryland/Hyattsville