I was at a conference at the University and it was the only place within walking distance. One problem is that there isn't anything within walking distance of it. The hotel has a restaurant which is OK but expensive. Otherwise there is the food court at the student union--during the summer on the weekend, it was mostly closed. I needed some ibuprofen- the hotel had packets of 2 tabs for $2.(!). The student union had some small overpriced bottles of it and I also bought something from their limited snack food supply. No other shops of any kind are nearby. So if you don't have a car and don't want to pay for a taxi, be sure to bring everything you need and plan to eat at the restaurant there. (or McDonalds at the student union if you find it open).
The room was spacious and pleasant. The wi-fi in the room was good and at no charge. Service wasn't great. I wanted to rest in my room one afternoon and found it hadn't been made up- around 3:00. . I called the service number and the person breezily told me that housekeeping worked until 5:30 and she was sure they'd get to me, which they did, around 5.
All in all, I'd say that if you have to be on campus for something, it's an OK place to stay, but I'm not sure why you'd want to stay there otherwise.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A truly modern travel experience awaits at the LEED-certified College Park Marriott Hotel & Conference Center. Minutes away from the University of Maryland campus, our hotel offers guests a superb location, luxurious amenities, and comfortable, eco-conscious accommodations. Each of our renovated guest rooms and suites features details like plush designer bedding, THANN bath accessories, and free Wi-Fi Internet. Enjoy access to our 24-hour fitness center, and dine with us at our signature restaurant, The Common, which offers guests contemporary pub fare crafted from locally procured ingredients. If you're visiting College Park on business, take advantage of our 40,000 square feet of venue space and variety of on-site corporate facilities. We also cater to weddings and social events in our elegant ballroom spaces, the largest of which can accommodate up to 650 guests. Whether you're here for work or play, come discover why the College Park Marriott Hotel & Conference Center caters to the savvy traveler. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotwire, Marriott, Hotels.com, Travelocity and Odigeo so you can book your College Park Marriott Hotel & Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Inn And Conference Center, University Of Maryland University College
- The Inn & Conference Center, University Of Maryland University College Hotel
- Marriott Conference Center Hyattsville
- College Park Marriott Hotel & Conference Center Maryland/Hyattsville