We arrived late (10PM) Thursday evening for a 3 day conference/3 night stay.
No one offered to help with our bags.
There were 20-somethings running around the lobby, drunk, in 80s get-up and diapers?! (Seriously, I couldn't make this stuff up if I wanted to)
We were quickly given a room, in the new wing, which I had read was better than the old. The room (433) was quiet, and that is about all it had going for it.
The room is VERY small. One king bed. No more than 3 feet on any side. The bedding seemed to be covered in plastic beneath the sheets, making for a strange experience. The bathroom is a glass room in the bedroom. There is a sliding glass door separating the bed from the toilet. The door is very loud when it slides. The shower drian runs the length of the shower and is also very loud. The whole thing is very strange for America... The only thing I know to compare it to is a friends place in Singapore.
Perhaps OK for one person attending a conference, but absolutely a disaster for two people (evening significant others, or married couples) and especially if you're on different schedules. The bathroom light luminates the whole room. It created tensions where there were/are none. Overall the lighting is terrible for doing makeup.
The closet was too small for hanging clothes and closing the doors -- suit shoulders on standard hangers rubbed and got slammed in closet.
A very poorly constructed layout of a room.
Rooms have coffee, iron, minibar, hairdryer, and standard Marriott toiletries. The room was well cleaned daily.
There is a shuttle to the metro that is convenient.
The gym is well-equipped and offers individual tvs (though you need your own headphones) and fruit, though I didn't observe water in the gym.
Again, on checkout, no one offered to help with my bags, even as many staff observed me struggling with four suitcases and 3 large umbrellas.
I was not at all satisfied.
- Also Known As:
- The Inn And Conference Center, University Of Maryland University College
- The Inn & Conference Center, University Of Maryland University College Hotel
- Marriott Conference Center Hyattsville
- Marriott Conference Center
- College Park Marriott Hotel & Conference Center Maryland/Hyattsville
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The College Park Marriott Hotel & Conference Center is a Washington DC area hotel that is both luxurious and environmentally responsible. This Marriott hotel was the country’s first green hotel and conference center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Travelocity, Booking.com, Marriott, Priceline, Expedia, Tingo, TripOnline SA, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Hotels.com, Agoda and Venere so you can book your College Park Marriott Hotel & Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.