I must say I've stayed at many hotels and many Marriott hotels and this one is by far one of my favorite of all time, if not THE best hotel I've ever stayed at!
I had looked at all of the hotels in the area and the reviews were average at best. I was very worried that I would have to end up settling for a sub par hotel experience when I stumbled upon the Marriott using Google Maps. I happened to be working on the UMD campus so I was eager to book this hotel immediately not only because it was a Marriott, but because of the superb location as well.
Upon booking I did look at the reviews and most were positive and some were average but I had never been disappointed with a Marriott before so I had high hopes. Oh, and the price was not only competitive, but cheaper than some of the other options - and for a Marriott! I did not hesitate to book.
Upon entering the actual hotel, hotel staff at the front desk greeted me and my significant other with such eagerness and care that I thought we were the only guests in the hotel for that day! I was so surprised, even for Marriott this experience was above and beyond. The single best service at a hotel I've ever received! The staff was polite, helpful and very happy to make sure our stay was going to be great. I wish I could personally thank the younger man (whose name I forgot although it might have started with a T) who was the front desk because he did a great job!
The amenities were superb as with all of my Marriott experiences. This is why I make it a point to stay at these hotels as a Member. Always clean, upscale decor and NOT outdated or dirty. You did not disappoint here in any way. The staff even made sure we had a refrigerator in our room as a special request as well as late check out for the next day (1pm). Again, they went above and beyond and we noticed, and it made our stay that much better because of it!
We ate at the Hotel restaurant which was right across the way in the other building. The all-you-can-eat buffet not only offered great variety and taste, but again, the price was very reasonable. The drinks were also very fairly priced. The service at dinner was excellent as well.
After our meal it was getting close to watching the fireworks on campus and the staff (our waiter) had taken the time to walk us out to some private seating that was reserved for guests. We had excellent front row seats to watch fireworks together. It was awesome to have experienced such fantastic, above-and-beyond service.
Overall I would proudly say that I would not only recommend this hotel to others but I would encourage others to try staying in this hotel for occasions such as the 4th of July because it was such a delight. They truly went above and beyond, especially when it came to service. In this day and age it always feels like staff go through the motions and do only what they are told and do just enough to 'get the job done'. But not at this Marriott. It was as if each member took so much pride in doing their job to the fullest and providing such superb service and I wanted to make sure that I took the time to let you all know that you did do a great job and that we noticed and we look forward to staying at this hotel again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A truly modern travel experience awaits at the LEED-certified College Park Marriott Hotel & Conference Center. Minutes away from the University of Maryland campus, our hotel offers guests a superb location, luxurious amenities, and comfortable, eco-conscious accommodations. Each of our well-designed guest rooms and suites features details like plush designer bedding, THANN bath accessories, and free Wi-Fi Internet. Enjoy access to our 24-hour fitness center, and dine with us at our signature restaurant, The Common, which offers guests contemporary pub fare crafted from locally procured ingredients. If you're visiting College Park on business, take advantage of our 40,000 square feet of venue space and variety of on-site corporate facilities. We also cater to weddings and social events in our elegant ballroom spaces, the largest of which can accommodate up to 650 guests. Whether you're here for work or play, come discover why the College Park Marriott Hotel & Conference Center caters to the savvy traveler. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Despegar.com, Hotels.com and Marriott so you can book your College Park Marriott Hotel & Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Inn & Conference Center, University Of Maryland University College Hotel
- The Inn And Conference Center, University Of Maryland University College
- Marriott Conference Center Hyattsville
- College Park Marriott Hotel & Conference Center Maryland/Hyattsville