I stayed for one night in mid-June. I had a very spacious corner room that had recently been renovated (so they said -- it's been a few years since I was here last and I don't remember ever thinking it needed renovation). It was a very clean room with a calming ambiance. My television did not play all the channels but I was already in my pjs and wasn't about to call to ask for a repair. There were small service glitches. Two days before my arrival I received an email asking if I had special requests. Yes, I did, so I responded. I received an automated reply but then no actual communication and indeed no one had tended to my requests. It all worked out and I wasn't concerned, but on the other hand, why bother being attentive if in the end you aren't going to follow through? I had also been told I could have room service for breakfast even though it had not yet been formally instituted, but when it came down to it, no, I couldn't. The food in the recently renovated and re-imagined restaurant is quite good, but the service has many small issues to work out, although everyone is very nice and polite and eager to please. Just not always effective. If you have reason to be visiting University of Maryland, this is the best option. You can walk to anywhere on campus and they have a free shuttle that will take you anywhere you want/need to go within three miles of the hotel. This is a nice service.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Setting the standard for Maryland hotels, the College Park Marriott Hotel & Conference Center maintains a strong position for its Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) as the first LEED-certified lodging in the United States and welcomes guests with opulent accommodations that include VIP suites and 40,000 square feet of high-tech event space. Whether traveling for business or leisure, guests will find the eco-friendly College Park, Maryland hotel's attentive service and lavish amenities a reflection of its dedication to provide travelers with a remarkable hotel experience. Luxury bedding ensembles, Plug-In technology, complimentary wireless Internet access and room service are standard in all guest rooms and suites with Concierge Level accommodations available for even greater comfort. Guests are also pampered with easy access to the University of Maryland, the FDA's White Oak campus, downtown Washington, D.C. And some of the country's most treasured monuments and attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Marriott, Priceline, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your College Park Marriott Hotel & Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Inn & Conference Center, University Of Maryland University College Hotel
- The Inn And Conference Center, University Of Maryland University College
- Marriott Conference Center Hyattsville
- College Park Marriott Hotel & Conference Center Maryland/Hyattsville