I was attending a conference on the UMD campus and stayed here to be in one of the nicer and safer hotels in College Park.
PROS: Delicious breakfast and a good variety of healthy and savory items to choose from, both hot and cold. Comfy bed and an assortment of pillows. Clean. Nice staff. Quiet and safe, for the area. Rate is at or below government per diem for hotels this time of year.
CONS:Not a convenient location, so let me elaborate: It's off of a highway and seems difficult to get to no matter what entrance you take. I had a short walk to the parking garage where parking was free, but the circuitous route to get there proved difficult to navigate no matter what direction I came from and one day I got stuck for 10 minutes behind a semi that came from a nearby loading zone and had to be navigated through the only entrance to the university from the hotel. Otherwise, you get stuck going on a highway in the other direction for 3 miles going out of the other exit. The only other bad part about the accessibility of the hotel is that at night UMD closes the gates to campus except for the main one at US-1. The gate guard said I could get to my hotel and didn't warn me about the other entrances/exits being closed off. I got lost driving around UMD looking for a way to get to the hotel for a half hour and finally used my smart phone to navigate my way back to the main gate, from which it took 10 minutes to drive around the outside of the campus and back to the hotel, accessing it from the wrong direction.
It's up to you: The on-site restaurant is being renovated and so is the gym. The restaurant is closed so you'll have to go elsewhere for dinner or grab a salad from the on-site snack shop (small variety), and the gym is just older equipment (not bad though) that's being significantly upgraded to really nice, super state-of-the-art cardio.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Setting the standard for Maryland hotels, the College Park Marriott Hotel & Conference Center maintains a strong position for its Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) as the first LEED-certified lodging in the United States and welcomes guests with opulent accommodations that include VIP suites and 40,000 square feet of high-tech event space. Whether traveling for business or leisure, guests will find the eco-friendly College Park, Maryland hotel's attentive service and lavish amenities a reflection of its dedication to provide travelers with a remarkable hotel experience. Luxury bedding ensembles, Plug-In technology, complimentary wireless Internet access and room service are standard in all guest rooms and suites with Concierge Level accommodations available for even greater comfort. Guests are also pampered with easy access to the University of Maryland, the FDA's White Oak campus, downtown Washington, D.C. And some of the country's most treasured monuments and attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Marriott, Tingo, Hotels.com, BookingOdigeoWL and Venere so you can book your College Park Marriott Hotel & Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Inn & Conference Center, University Of Maryland University College Hotel
- The Inn And Conference Center, University Of Maryland University College
- Marriott Conference Center Hyattsville
- College Park Marriott Hotel & Conference Center Maryland/Hyattsville