This hotel is located right on campus, so couldn't be more convenient. It's also easy to get to, from BWI airport -- if you ignore the instructions on their website! I strongly suspect that the instructions to go from I95 to I495 to Exit 25B will not work. Furthermore, it's much faster and super simple to take Route 295 from BWI instead. Just go south on 295, exit onto Route 193, and follow it straight to the Adelphi Rd intersection where you'll see the hotel and do a U-turn. Traffic can be terrible on both Route 295 and I95 at rush hour.
The hotel itself is perfectly decent. I appreciated the furniture, which included a little side table. I found it a bit cold at night, and frustrating that there's no control over the cool air blowing right onto my bed. The internet was pretty good, especially considering that it was free, a rarity at Marriotts and other big chain hotels. However, there was an unsightly tangle of cables and cords under the table, and a non-functional ethernet tangle on the desk. There were real glasses in the bathroom, wrapped in paper, olden-day style, which was a nice touch. The fixtures, including the toilet, were funky European style, which I like, since I can opt to save water on my flushes. The bath mat still had a bad stain that looked relatively fresh, so that was a tad icky, and the water tastes terrible. The little shop on the premises is extremely small and limited.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Setting the standard for Maryland hotels, the College Park Marriott Hotel & Conference Center maintains a strong position for its Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) as the first LEED-certified lodging in the United States and welcomes guests with opulent accommodations that include VIP suites and 40,000 square feet of high-tech event space. Whether traveling for business or leisure, guests will find the eco-friendly College Park, Maryland hotel's attentive service and lavish amenities a reflection of its dedication to provide travelers with a remarkable hotel experience. Luxury bedding ensembles, Plug-In technology, complimentary wireless Internet access and room service are standard in all guest rooms and suites with Concierge Level accommodations available for even greater comfort. Guests are also pampered with easy access to the University of Maryland, the FDA's White Oak campus, downtown Washington, D.C. And some of the country's most treasured monuments and attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Priceline, Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Tingo, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Venere so you can book your College Park Marriott Hotel & Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Inn And Conference Center, University Of Maryland University College
- The Inn & Conference Center, University Of Maryland University College Hotel
- Marriott Conference Center Hyattsville
- College Park Marriott Hotel & Conference Center Maryland/Hyattsville