I had to attend a meeting at the conference center which is on the campus of this property, and so stayed at the inn the prior evening. Although I tried to book the hotel several weeks before my visit to Baltimore, the cost was prohibitive, yet it dropped considerably closer to my check-in date and so I was able to reserve a room after all that met my company's travel guidelines for pricing.
I was assigned to a room in the newer building where the reception area is located, and found my quarters to be clean, ample and graciously appointed.
I did have trouble locating extra outlets (when you're traveling on business, it's all about re-charging electrical devices!). A co-worker who also stayed at this property told me the next morning she found outlets in the underside of the desk panel, but although I tried checking there, I was unable to locate any unused plugs; it's fair that I missed them given my fatigue. The one other unused outlet in the main room was broken, and so I plugged everything into the bathroom outlets.
Otherwise, though, my stay was quite pleasant. The lunch provided at the conference center, prepared by the Marriott, was absolutely outstanding: plenty of fresh, imaginative salads and hearty entrees, all served in a visually-pleasing buffet.
Do note the conference center is a short walk from both hotel buildings: fine when the weather is nice, but could be awkward if the weather is inclement or if you have luggage to tote.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A truly modern travel experience awaits at the LEED-certified College Park Marriott Hotel & Conference Center. Minutes away from the University of Maryland campus, our hotel offers guests a superb location, luxurious amenities, and comfortable, eco-conscious accommodations. Each of our renovated guest rooms and suites features details like plush designer bedding, THANN bath accessories, and free Wi-Fi Internet. Enjoy access to our 24-hour fitness center, and dine with us at our signature restaurant, The Common, which offers guests contemporary pub fare crafted from locally procured ingredients. If you're visiting College Park on business, take advantage of our 40,000 square feet of venue space and variety of on-site corporate facilities. We also cater to weddings and social events in our elegant ballroom spaces, the largest of which can accommodate up to 650 guests. Whether you're here for work or play, come discover why the College Park Marriott Hotel & Conference Center caters to the savvy traveler. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Marriott, Travelocity, Odigeo, Agoda, Priceline, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your College Park Marriott Hotel & Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Inn & Conference Center, University Of Maryland University College Hotel
- The Inn And Conference Center, University Of Maryland University College
- Marriott Conference Center Hyattsville
- College Park Marriott Hotel & Conference Center Maryland/Hyattsville