My caveat is that I stayed here with my family of five on Marriott Rewards points for a football game at the University of Maryland so I wasn't too concerned with having an exemplary experience.
Upon checking in, the attendant was in the back office and I had to wait a couple of minutes for her to come out, which I consider unacceptable. I also am consistently amazed how frequently I don't get a thank you for being a Marriott Elite member. Those are the little things that can make a stay more pleasant.
I will say that the two ladies manning the Concierge lounge were the best I have ever experienced. It was around 9 PM at night and the concierge lounge was still open (said they would close at 7:30 PM). They were cleaning up, but allowed us to come in and bent over backwards to supply my children with cereal, yogurt, milk, etc. They went way beyond the call of duty and we were very appreciative after traveling a couple of hours in the car with the kids for helping get us comfortable. They're positive experience moved the rating from three circles to four circles. They should be commended for their excellent customer service.
The room was your average Marriott room. I had trouble with getting a clear picture on ESPN, though the kids didn't mind as Cartoon Network came in perfectly.
The hotel provided a breakfast the next morning. There was a crowd and they ran out of pancakes and oatmeal. I never saw more pancakes and food come out. I didn't see the attendants bending over backwards to ensure everyone that there would be more food.
As I mentioned, we stayed there for a football game and the location was excellent. Parking was included with our stay and it took us ten minutes to walk to the football stadium with our three younger children.
The stay met our expectations and everyone slept well. Our stay was a success and we would do it again....on Marriott points.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Setting the standard for Maryland hotels, the College Park Marriott Hotel & Conference Center maintains a strong position for its Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) as the first LEED-certified lodging in the United States and welcomes guests with opulent accommodations that include VIP suites and 40,000 square feet of high-tech event space. Whether traveling for business or leisure, guests will find the eco-friendly College Park, Maryland hotel's attentive service and lavish amenities a reflection of its dedication to provide travelers with a remarkable hotel experience. Luxury bedding ensembles, Plug-In technology, complimentary wireless Internet access and room service are standard in all guest rooms and suites with Concierge Level accommodations available for even greater comfort. Guests are also pampered with easy access to the University of Maryland, the FDA's White Oak campus, downtown Washington, D.C. And some of the country's most treasured monuments and attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Marriott, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your College Park Marriott Hotel & Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Inn & Conference Center, University Of Maryland University College Hotel
- The Inn And Conference Center, University Of Maryland University College
- Marriott Conference Center Hyattsville
- College Park Marriott Hotel & Conference Center Maryland/Hyattsville