The Inn and Conference Center is at the periphery of the University of Maryland. It is under the Marriott brand but is the poorest Marriott I have ever been in. The building is lovely, and my room was adequate size, but lots of little things are wrong. The bath was slippery, only a poorly located grab bar, beds far too soft and uncomfortable, thin towels, etc. at least widi is free! There is a Starbucks, but the only restaurant, the Garden Restaurant, is totally mediocre with poor food, a terrible wine selection, and poor service. The only other place to eat is the bar, and that uses the restaurant kitchen and so service is equally slow. Room service is also very slow, and one needs a car to get to any other place to eat. Finally, while the Inn is, technically, walking distance to the University, the walk is 4 or 5 blocks to the closest point on campus. It would be good if there were a shuttle or even golf carts to get people to campus - even if it charged a small amount.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Setting the standard for Maryland hotels, the College Park Marriott Hotel & Conference Center maintains a strong position for its Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) as the first LEED-certified lodging in the United States and welcomes guests with opulent accommodations that include VIP suites and 40,000 square feet of high-tech event space. Whether traveling for business or leisure, guests will find the eco-friendly College Park, Maryland hotel's attentive service and lavish amenities a reflection of its dedication to provide travelers with a remarkable hotel experience. Luxury bedding ensembles, Plug-In technology, complimentary wireless Internet access and room service are standard in all guest rooms and suites with Concierge Level accommodations available for even greater comfort. Guests are also pampered with easy access to the University of Maryland, the FDA's White Oak campus, downtown Washington, D.C. And some of the country's most treasured monuments and attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com, Marriott, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your College Park Marriott Hotel & Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Inn & Conference Center, University Of Maryland University College Hotel
- The Inn And Conference Center, University Of Maryland University College
- Marriott Conference Center Hyattsville
- College Park Marriott Hotel & Conference Center Maryland/Hyattsville