“Dorm room with bloody sheets.” 1 of 5 stars
Review of College Park Marriott Hotel & Conference Center

Save Saved
You added College Park Marriott Hotel & Conference Center to your Saves list
College Park Marriott Hotel & Conference Center
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3501 University Blvd E, Hyattsville, MD 20783 (Formerly The Marriott Inn & Conference Center, University of Maryland University College)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Earn Up To 25,000 Points
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Hyattsville
Vienna, West Virginia
“Dorm room with bloody sheets.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

Stayed for 3 nights on business. Rooms were smaller than a dorm room. The air was either on or off, you couldn't set it. There are signs in the shower telling you to let the hot water run for a while in the morning so it could warm up. The rooms were musky and damp. There was no refrigerator. For $170 a night i expected more. To finish off my visit. The maids put a comforter on my bed that had fresh (it was still red) blood on it. When I told the front desk when i checked out they said sorry. that's it

Room Tip: Paper thin walls add to the entertainment of the building that had to have once held students of the...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Chamblee, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

This hotel is convenient if you're visiting University of Maryland.
However, we ended up staying here after a friend booked us for 3 nights last month. Our itinerary was to visit Washington DC, so it was pretty much a hassle to drive from this location where traffic is worse. It's our first time in this State and was clueless that an 11 mile distance would take us up to 50 minutes to reach our destination.
When we reached this hotel late in the afternoon, their front desk personnel doesn't seem to be herself. A friend booked us for 2 rooms but i was given a set of keys for one room.I had to go back and ask if those keys were good for two rooms.She was even surprised and checked back our reservation. Then she handed me another set of keys for the other room. We ended up staying in the old building across w/c we found really odd for a Mariott hotel. There wasn't any porter and hand trucks in sight so we have to drag our luggages to our rooms.One of the elavators smell musty and our "cozy room" w/ king size bed was so cramped. We could also hear loud people in the hallway that night.
The next day while we were heading back to the hotel, we saw the front desk lady going our direction, too. She just glanced at us blankly and looked away- no smile nor greetings of whatsoever.
Lastly when we got the bill, the first room was charged to my credit card but the second room was charged to my friend who booked us ( i only found out about this few days after my friend gave me a call). Both should've been charged to mine. It seems like this blonde lady wasn't thinking straight the day we got there.
In our next visit to DC, we'll definitely avoid this hotel.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

This hotel is a perfectly good choice when visiting the University of Maryland. It is right on the edge of campus, easily accessible from the main road, but felt safe. I agree with some of the other reviews that it's annoying to have the restaurant/bar in the building across the street and the parking lot in a separate structure a half block ish away. The manager talks about a renovation in the near future however that would correct these issues. A great improvement would be to add porters/valet service. We were there in the summer so perhaps they do provide these services at busier times. I found that it was weird to pull up to a hotel I wasnt familiar with and have to figure out that I had to go inside, ask what to do with our car, find a luggage cart, unload the car onto the luggage cart, wait while my husband parked the car, check in to the hotel, steer a heavy luggage cart between me & my husband to the room. What if I had been traveling alone? That really would not have worked! Maybe I'm too spoiled after having stayed at the Ritz Carlton, but I would think adding the porter/valet would really help take the edge off having to walk across the street to go to the restaurant or get coffee in the morning from the Starbucks in the lobby of the "other" building!

On a positive note...I thought the room was clean, which is paramount, and nicely decorated with very comfy bed linens and excellent water pressure in the shower! And the young lady working as the bartender/waitress in the restaurant was extremely sweet.

Room Tip: Don't take a cozy room!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Downers Grove, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012 via mobile

We just returned from a stay and visit at the university. Hotel is the most convenient to the university. It is clean and comfortable,not a lot of flair. Restaurant is a bit overpriced for what you get. Very limited menu. Room service would have been better. Staff is polite but not overly accommodating.

Stayed July 2012
Branchport, New York, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

I go to this Inn three times a year for school obligations. I have never had a bad experience. Some of the older rooms are small, but adequate (I'm only one person). I have found the beds to be very comfortable. There are two "sides" to the conference center. Try to get a room in the main section (where you check-in). This side seems to have newer, more updated and a little more spacious rooms. Also, ask for an inside room (courtyard) the street side can be quite noisy at night. The lounge is nice to hang out, chat and grab a burger.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Mentone, Alabama
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2012

This is a good place to stay but it is typical of a large hotel where everything costs. The beds are great but the rooms are small. You have to pay to park but the internet is free. Nice 42 inch TV.

Room Tip: Beware the rooms are small.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Boulder, CO
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

The "cozy" room are very cramped. My room (211) had an exhaust fan for the kitchen in the roof directly outside my window. In house restaurant had limited menu. Mostly used for conferences and no other hotels or restaurants are within walking distance. On the plus side, it is on a bus line and in a quieter area than the hotels along Hwy 1 and has more character than the ones in Greenbelt.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business

Been to College Park Marriott Hotel & Conference Center? Share your experiences!