This hotel is convenient if you're visiting University of Maryland.
However, we ended up staying here after a friend booked us for 3 nights last month. Our itinerary was to visit Washington DC, so it was pretty much a hassle to drive from this location where traffic is worse. It's our first time in this State and was clueless that an 11 mile distance would take us up to 50 minutes to reach our destination.
When we reached this hotel late in the afternoon, their front desk personnel doesn't seem to be herself. A friend booked us for 2 rooms but i was given a set of keys for one room.I had to go back and ask if those keys were good for two rooms.She was even surprised and checked back our reservation. Then she handed me another set of keys for the other room. We ended up staying in the old building across w/c we found really odd for a Mariott hotel. There wasn't any porter and hand trucks in sight so we have to drag our luggages to our rooms.One of the elavators smell musty and our "cozy room" w/ king size bed was so cramped. We could also hear loud people in the hallway that night.
The next day while we were heading back to the hotel, we saw the front desk lady going our direction, too. She just glanced at us blankly and looked away- no smile nor greetings of whatsoever.
Lastly when we got the bill, the first room was charged to my credit card but the second room was charged to my friend who booked us ( i only found out about this few days after my friend gave me a call). Both should've been charged to mine. It seems like this blonde lady wasn't thinking straight the day we got there.
In our next visit to DC, we'll definitely avoid this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Setting the standard for Maryland hotels, the College Park Marriott Hotel & Conference Center maintains a strong position for its Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) as the first LEED-certified lodging in the United States and welcomes guests with opulent accommodations that include VIP suites and 40,000 square feet of high-tech event space. Whether traveling for business or leisure, guests will find the eco-friendly College Park, Maryland hotel's attentive service and lavish amenities a reflection of its dedication to provide travelers with a remarkable hotel experience. Luxury bedding ensembles, Plug-In technology, complimentary wireless Internet access and room service are standard in all guest rooms and suites with Concierge Level accommodations available for even greater comfort. Guests are also pampered with easy access to the University of Maryland, the FDA's White Oak campus, downtown Washington, D.C. And some of the country's most treasured monuments and attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Priceline, Expedia, Booking.com, Marriott, Tingo, Hotels.com, BookingOdigeoWL and Venere so you can book your College Park Marriott Hotel & Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Inn & Conference Center, University Of Maryland University College Hotel
- The Inn And Conference Center, University Of Maryland University College
- Marriott Conference Center Hyattsville
- College Park Marriott Hotel & Conference Center Maryland/Hyattsville