This hotel is convenient if you're visiting University of Maryland.
However, we ended up staying here after a friend booked us for 3 nights last month. Our itinerary was to visit Washington DC, so it was pretty much a hassle to drive from this location where traffic is worse. It's our first time in this State and was clueless that an 11 mile distance would take us up to 50 minutes to reach our destination.
When we reached this hotel late in the afternoon, their front desk personnel doesn't seem to be herself. A friend booked us for 2 rooms but i was given a set of keys for one room.I had to go back and ask if those keys were good for two rooms.She was even surprised and checked back our reservation. Then she handed me another set of keys for the other room. We ended up staying in the old building across w/c we found really odd for a Mariott hotel. There wasn't any porter and hand trucks in sight so we have to drag our luggages to our rooms.One of the elavators smell musty and our "cozy room" w/ king size bed was so cramped. We could also hear loud people in the hallway that night.
The next day while we were heading back to the hotel, we saw the front desk lady going our direction, too. She just glanced at us blankly and looked away- no smile nor greetings of whatsoever.
Lastly when we got the bill, the first room was charged to my credit card but the second room was charged to my friend who booked us ( i only found out about this few days after my friend gave me a call). Both should've been charged to mine. It seems like this blonde lady wasn't thinking straight the day we got there.
In our next visit to DC, we'll definitely avoid this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A truly modern travel experience awaits at the LEED-certified College Park Marriott Hotel & Conference Center. Minutes away from the University of Maryland campus, our hotel offers guests a superb location, luxurious amenities, and comfortable, eco-conscious accommodations. Each of our renovated guest rooms and suites features details like plush designer bedding, THANN bath accessories, and free Wi-Fi Internet. Enjoy access to our 24-hour fitness center, and dine with us at our signature restaurant, The Common, which offers guests contemporary pub fare crafted from locally procured ingredients. If you're visiting College Park on business, take advantage of our 40,000 square feet of venue space and variety of on-site corporate facilities. We also cater to weddings and social events in our elegant ballroom spaces, the largest of which can accommodate up to 650 guests. Whether you're here for work or play, come discover why the College Park Marriott Hotel & Conference Center caters to the savvy traveler. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Marriott, Travelocity, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your College Park Marriott Hotel & Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Inn And Conference Center, University Of Maryland University College
- The Inn & Conference Center, University Of Maryland University College Hotel
- Marriott Conference Center Hyattsville
- College Park Marriott Hotel & Conference Center Maryland/Hyattsville