This hotel is a perfectly good choice when visiting the University of Maryland. It is right on the edge of campus, easily accessible from the main road, but felt safe. I agree with some of the other reviews that it's annoying to have the restaurant/bar in the building across the street and the parking lot in a separate structure a half block ish away. The manager talks about a renovation in the near future however that would correct these issues. A great improvement would be to add porters/valet service. We were there in the summer so perhaps they do provide these services at busier times. I found that it was weird to pull up to a hotel I wasnt familiar with and have to figure out that I had to go inside, ask what to do with our car, find a luggage cart, unload the car onto the luggage cart, wait while my husband parked the car, check in to the hotel, steer a heavy luggage cart between me & my husband to the room. What if I had been traveling alone? That really would not have worked! Maybe I'm too spoiled after having stayed at the Ritz Carlton, but I would think adding the porter/valet would really help take the edge off having to walk across the street to go to the restaurant or get coffee in the morning from the Starbucks in the lobby of the "other" building!
On a positive note...I thought the room was clean, which is paramount, and nicely decorated with very comfy bed linens and excellent water pressure in the shower! And the young lady working as the bartender/waitress in the restaurant was extremely sweet.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Setting the standard for Maryland hotels, the College Park Marriott Hotel & Conference Center maintains a strong position for its Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) as the first LEED-certified lodging in the United States and welcomes guests with opulent accommodations that include VIP suites and 40,000 square feet of high-tech event space. Whether traveling for business or leisure, guests will find the eco-friendly College Park, Maryland hotel's attentive service and lavish amenities a reflection of its dedication to provide travelers with a remarkable hotel experience. Luxury bedding ensembles, Plug-In technology, complimentary wireless Internet access and room service are standard in all guest rooms and suites with Concierge Level accommodations available for even greater comfort. Guests are also pampered with easy access to the University of Maryland, the FDA's White Oak campus, downtown Washington, D.C. And some of the country's most treasured monuments and attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Expedia, Marriott, Travelocity, Tingo, Hotels.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Venere and Agoda so you can book your College Park Marriott Hotel & Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Inn & Conference Center, University Of Maryland University College Hotel
- The Inn And Conference Center, University Of Maryland University College
- Marriott Conference Center Hyattsville
- College Park Marriott Hotel & Conference Center Maryland/Hyattsville