The facility itself is lovely! Very clean and well kept. It even has an Art Gallery in the lower level which I enjoyed in my spare time. There is a Starbucks and a small restaurant that looks pleasant, although we did not eat there. The rooms are clean and well maintained, but very small. We had gotten spoiled by the Holiday Inn Expresses on the way here (large rooms, full breakfast included in the price of the room, etc.), so we had expected a little more since we paid a lot more. We stayed here since others in our NATS group were also staying here. It's conveniently located on the university campus, although its a bit tricky to get to the hotel entrance. You have a little walk to the Parking Garage, which may be unpleasant on a rainy day. There is no free breakfast here, but you can order breakfast through Room Service. The only real complaint I have is that there is a strange sound coming from underneath our room (Room 517). At first I thought it was the maid turning a vacuum cleaner on and off, but it's been going non-stop all day. We aren't near the elevator, so I have no clue what this noise is. I am certain we will be hearing it rumble all night. I don't know if the other rooms in this corridor can hear this, but if you book a room here, and you're sensitive to noises, then don't bother with Room 517 (or possibly any room on the left side of the building)! A steady hum would have been much less noticeable than a surging pitch that rumbles on and off. The bathrooms are also very small and have very little counter space, so you won't be able to spread out your toiletries or makeup! But if you hate driving in the crazy city traffic to get to UMUC, then this certainly is the place to stay if you're willing to give up a few amenities for the convenience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A truly modern travel experience awaits at the LEED-certified College Park Marriott Hotel & Conference Center. Minutes away from the University of Maryland campus, our hotel offers guests a superb location, luxurious amenities, and comfortable, eco-conscious accommodations. Each of our renovated guest rooms and suites features details like plush designer bedding, THANN bath accessories, and free Wi-Fi Internet. Enjoy access to our 24-hour fitness center, and dine with us at our signature restaurant, The Common, which offers guests contemporary pub fare crafted from locally procured ingredients. If you're visiting College Park on business, take advantage of our 40,000 square feet of venue space and variety of on-site corporate facilities. We also cater to weddings and social events in our elegant ballroom spaces, the largest of which can accommodate up to 650 guests. Whether you're here for work or play, come discover why the College Park Marriott Hotel & Conference Center caters to the savvy traveler. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Marriott, Booking.com, Odigeo, Priceline, Hotels.com, Agoda and Expedia so you can book your College Park Marriott Hotel & Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Inn & Conference Center, University Of Maryland University College Hotel
- The Inn And Conference Center, University Of Maryland University College
- Marriott Conference Center Hyattsville
- College Park Marriott Hotel & Conference Center Maryland/Hyattsville