The facility itself is lovely! Very clean and well kept. It even has an Art Gallery in the lower level which I enjoyed in my spare time. There is a Starbucks and a small restaurant that looks pleasant, although we did not eat there. The rooms are clean and well maintained, but very small. We had gotten spoiled by the Holiday Inn Expresses on the way here (large rooms, full breakfast included in the price of the room, etc.), so we had expected a little more since we paid a lot more. We stayed here since others in our NATS group were also staying here. It's conveniently located on the university campus, although its a bit tricky to get to the hotel entrance. You have a little walk to the Parking Garage, which may be unpleasant on a rainy day. There is no free breakfast here, but you can order breakfast through Room Service. The only real complaint I have is that there is a strange sound coming from underneath our room (Room 517). At first I thought it was the maid turning a vacuum cleaner on and off, but it's been going non-stop all day. We aren't near the elevator, so I have no clue what this noise is. I am certain we will be hearing it rumble all night. I don't know if the other rooms in this corridor can hear this, but if you book a room here, and you're sensitive to noises, then don't bother with Room 517 (or possibly any room on the left side of the building)! A steady hum would have been much less noticeable than a surging pitch that rumbles on and off. The bathrooms are also very small and have very little counter space, so you won't be able to spread out your toiletries or makeup! But if you hate driving in the crazy city traffic to get to UMUC, then this certainly is the place to stay if you're willing to give up a few amenities for the convenience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Setting the standard for Maryland hotels, the College Park Marriott Hotel & Conference Center maintains a strong position for its Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) as the first LEED-certified lodging in the United States and welcomes guests with opulent accommodations that include VIP suites and 40,000 square feet of high-tech event space. Whether traveling for business or leisure, guests will find the eco-friendly College Park, Maryland hotel's attentive service and lavish amenities a reflection of its dedication to provide travelers with a remarkable hotel experience. Luxury bedding ensembles, Plug-In technology, complimentary wireless Internet access and room service are standard in all guest rooms and suites with Concierge Level accommodations available for even greater comfort. Guests are also pampered with easy access to the University of Maryland, the FDA's White Oak campus, downtown Washington, D.C. And some of the country's most treasured monuments and attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Marriott, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Odigeo, Hotels.com and Tingo so you can book your College Park Marriott Hotel & Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Inn & Conference Center, University Of Maryland University College Hotel
- The Inn And Conference Center, University Of Maryland University College
- Marriott Conference Center Hyattsville
- College Park Marriott Hotel & Conference Center Maryland/Hyattsville