We just stayed at this hotel while visiting the University for a campus visit. It was adequate, as the title of this review states. It is located right on the border of the University. As other reviews state, you can walk to campus, but it is not thru a pedestrian friendly area--- across parking lots and it is not well marked with signage.
Staff was fine-- pleasant enough when checking in but not real forthcoming with information about nearby amenities. No complimentary breakfst was offered, so I inquired about what was available-- the restaurant onsite had a $20pp breakfast buffet I was told. We ran out and bought donuts for morning instead. The room was clean. We had to request more toiletries and towels as a family of 5 was staying in the room. We got them without a problem. Loved the toiletries-- Bath and Body Works Aromatherapy Orange Ginger. We had also ordered a rollaway bed. This was not there when we arrived and we had to call to get it brought up. The room was quiet. We got our wake up call as requested.
2 odd things we noticed: 1.) when we arrived back to our floor (3rd) on Sunday evening after doing some sightseeing at about 10:30 pm, an overwhelming stench of onions was everywhere. It was not just a little bit onion-y. It was crazy onion-y, as if some onion processing plant was exhausting into the hallway. Really gross. and 2.) the lounge at the facility (Oracle, I think), which advertised "late night bites and drinks," turned my husband and I away at the door at 11-ish pm on Sunday night when we went over to share a cocktail without the kids. There was a large group still seated in the lounge that was showing no signs of departure, but we were still told rather abruptly that we would not be served.
Overall, we would stay again when visiting campus. That would be the only reason.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Setting the standard for Maryland hotels, the College Park Marriott Hotel & Conference Center maintains a strong position for its Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) as the first LEED-certified lodging in the United States and welcomes guests with opulent accommodations that include VIP suites and 40,000 square feet of high-tech event space. Whether traveling for business or leisure, guests will find the eco-friendly College Park, Maryland hotel's attentive service and lavish amenities a reflection of its dedication to provide travelers with a remarkable hotel experience. Luxury bedding ensembles, Plug-In technology, complimentary wireless Internet access and room service are standard in all guest rooms and suites with Concierge Level accommodations available for even greater comfort. Guests are also pampered with easy access to the University of Maryland, the FDA's White Oak campus, downtown Washington, D.C. And some of the country's most treasured monuments and attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, Expedia, Booking.com, Marriott, Tingo, Hotels.com, BookingOdigeoWL and Venere so you can book your College Park Marriott Hotel & Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Inn & Conference Center, University Of Maryland University College Hotel
- The Inn And Conference Center, University Of Maryland University College
- Marriott Conference Center Hyattsville
- College Park Marriott Hotel & Conference Center Maryland/Hyattsville