“Decent stay” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Hunt Valley
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
“Decent stay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

Stayed here for 4 nights for business; had a pretty average stay.
Checking was quick and easy; the gal was friendly too. The room was clean and quiet. The bed was comfortable. Only ate breakfast at the hotel, it was just yogurt and a banana. It was good for what you got. The staff seems friendly too. Wireless was good, didn't have any issues with that. I think my only complaint and, its minor, is that there were not enough machines in the workout room at 6am. Normally I’m guess they don’t get used a lot, it may have just happened that during my stay everyone wanted to work out. They only have 2 treadmills, 1 elliptical and 1 bike, plus weights. Seems like everyone showed up at the same time to work out; so not everyone got a machine. I even went at 6:30 one day and it was still full. Most people left around 7, but hard to work out at that time when I also needed to get ready for work. I would stay here again if I needed to come back for work. It was not far from my office plus I enjoy the hunt valley town center close by too.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
CY-GM-HV-MD, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Baltimore Hunt Valley, responded to this review, 4 days ago
Alyssia
Thank you so much for your feedback about the Courtyard Hunt Valley. I am pleased to let the associates know you felt they were friendly. It makes a great difference when it comes from you, our valued guest, as a positive reinforcement. I so appreciate your comment. Many travelers are health conscience and kudos to you for your tenacity. I am sorry you were not able to find a machine in the busy time. We would love to have you stay with us again.
Warm regards,
LMKyle

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Cranston, Rhode Island
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Marriott properties try fraudulent ways to cheat its customers.

I used my points to book a stay at Courtyard Marriott [reservation#: 90888411], but I found out that I have been charged separately as well on my credit card for the room rate. Had I not seen this on my credit card statement, I would have paid twice for the same stay.This is completely unacceptable, and I would like to sue Marriott.

I would not recommend staying at this hotel.

Stayed April 2015, traveled solo
CY-GM-HV-MD, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Baltimore Hunt Valley, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Hello Mr. Shivanku,

I apologize. I understand your frustration with the Rewards Certificate not attaching to your reservation for your redemption. In seeking to understand, I believe all would have gone smoother if the reservation had not been suspended because your actual arrival was not on the reservation date but the next morning. Your reservation was reinstated for this early morning check-in. Somehow the certificate detached from your reservation in the Marriott Rewards system. It showed as pending, waiting to be used, when I investigated. Then due to your check-out that same day, it never reattached during the night audit since there was essentially no reservation any longer. It actually was waiting to be used still, so your credit card did get charged.
As soon as you notified us we corrected it immediately by crediting your card, using your points and explaining the situation to you. We do hope to regain your trust in Marriott as we strive to be the best in the Hospitality Business.
Again I apologize and have gleaned a valuable lesson for all my team. I do hope you will come back to stay with us again.

Regards,

Travelers are raving about these Hunt Valley hotels

Boston, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Clean room, clean facility, quiet place for the weekend. This place is off a main N-S highway near a shopping area and one can easily access population centers in all directions without being in the inner harbor. We often used nearby hotels to visit family and this hotel which caters more to business clientele voting Hunt Valley is a reasonable, but expensive, choice for a weekend. I would choose some other place if you want a more lively scene. But the staff were great.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Dear drdblu,
Thank you for your comments about our Courtyard here in Hunt Valley, MD. We are tucked away in a quieter area of the Greater Baltimore market. We have the MTA Light Rail nearby that runs to the Inner Harbor arena of Baltimore also, for that livelier scene as you noted. We are about 17 miles, as the Ravens and Orioles fly, but like any other city the traffic is the real factor. We do frequent a couple local taverns in the area near the State Fairgrounds. I can certainly point you in their direction next time you are here. I am glad you enjoyed our associates. Again thanks.

Safe Journeys,
LMKYle
Glassboro, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2015

From check-in to check-out the staff at the Courtyard Marriott in Hunt Valley, MD went above and beyond any experience I've had before at a hotel. The representative checking my wife and I in noticed that whoever scheduled the reservation put us in a room right across from the 2nd floor elevator, which makes a loud "Ding!" every time it opens and closes. The representative asked if we would like a room on the first floor away from the elevator. "Yes, please!" That same evening we passed by the dining area and looked at the menu. The woman working the counter (without us asking) brought over some paper menus that we could take back to our rooms to look at. Also, as I went to the vending area to get ice, I passed an employee in the hallway and he greeted me with a polite, "Hello Sir." Everything on my bill was correct,rooms were clean, beds were comfortable and the employees were very polite upon check-out as well and asked how our stay was. I'll definitely return next year when we visit Timonium, MD for the Beer, Bourbon and BBQ Festival.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
CY-GM-HV-MD, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Baltimore Hunt Valley, responded to this review, March 20, 2015
Hello Scott H,

We love the Beer, Bourbon and BBQ festival at the MD Fair Groundl!!! Mostly the BBQs.
I am so glad that your experience here at the Courtyard Hunt Valley was awesome. It is my pleasure to relay your wonderful comments to the associates. I am very proud of them and they are a great, pleasant team.
Safe travels and we'll see again,
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2015

I've come to Hunt Valley for work over the past 5 years and have exhausted the hotels in the local area - none have come close to the hospitality the Hunt Valley Courtyard has to offer - from the friendly staff and accommodating management, to the inviting atmosphere and the comfortable bed each night. There has not been a hotel that has been more welcoming to my group each time we visit. Call ahead if you get the chance as they get pretty busy mid week.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled on business
CY-GM-HV-MD, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Baltimore Hunt Valley, responded to this review, March 17, 2015
Good Evening Tyler R,
We are so happy you are happy! I am super excited to let the team know of your awesome and warm comments about us. We appreciate you.
Your advice about calling ahead is so true, mid-week and weekends in the summer especially. See you soon.
Safe and fun travels,
San Diego, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2015

We often spend a night or two or three here when we come to Baltimore to see family and friends. Great freeway access but tucked away in a quiet business park. It's exactly what you expect at a Courtyard, and it's nice to know you'll get something familiar when traveling. This time they had especially soft plushy towels. Plus they have a Starbucks! (A near-necessity for my husband). Desk clerk very cheerful and we had a nice quiet room at the end of the hall. Only negative this trip was that there were no luggage carts.

Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
Hello Hillary L,
Thank you for such a nice review. I am also a must have coffee in the morning drinker, so I understand. I will be happy to share your comments with the team. And also look for the luggage carts. I know on the weekends we have to seek and return to their " home" for their continued use. We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Safe Journeys,
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2015

We've stayed here for business a number of times. This last time was strange--there was a large party of people in the hotel (wedding maybe?) very loud, into the late hours of the night. When we complained, because we needed to work in the morning, we were moved into another room in a quieter part of the hotel. But then my husband and I were sitting and talking, in normal voices in our room, and we got a call from the lobby saying we were too loud. Very odd. Maybe the walls are very thin in this hotel.
Didn't like the customer service there, the hotel is feeling a little worn, and I suspect they are using priceline to fill rooms, which brings in another sort of clientele. I'm going to the Residence Inn in Timonium next time, hopefully it will be better.
Overall, it is an ok hotel, on par with other Courtyards.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
CY-GM-HV-MD, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Baltimore Hunt Valley, responded to this review, February 26, 2015
SpiritTraveler40,
Thank you for your comments about your stay and experience while here recently. I apologize for the service you received. It does concern me about the service you received because that is not our standard of Service Excellence. I will certain to speak with the appropriate associates to address this noise issue and how your situation was handled. I appreciate your time and opportunity to become better.
Safe journeys,
LMKyle

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Baltimore Hunt Valley? Share your experiences!