“Not so good” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Hunt Valley
PA
“Not so good”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

First room toilet didn't flush. Second room was never cleaned. So got upgraded to a suite and breakfast comped. They ended up charging us for the comped breakfast. Rooms were average and a bit worn. Lobby area is newly renovated and nice.

Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
new york,ny
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

The staff was friendly, pleasant and helpful as at all Courtyards. The food was consistent and the room was clean. Great lobby-very functional. The staff helps make the lobby feel very relaxing. The pool was standard for a hotel of this size.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled with family
CY-GM-HV-MD, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Baltimore Hunt Valley, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Good Day ale722,

It is wonderful to hear awesome comments from our valued guests. I will be sure to let my team know of your feedback about them in particular. I look forward to possibly meeting you in the future. Thank you for your continued loyalty to Marriott Courtyards.

Sweet Dreams,
Laura
GM
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Having a client close by - this hotel offers great services for the business traveler. Comfortable rooms with dependable wireless connectivity and Bistro offering convenient early morning breakfast. I also found the fitness room to be clean, although small - served my morning routine well. Staff were very friendly and were quick to offer local dining suggestions for dinner. I have stayed multiple times and look forward to returning.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
Sparks, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 weeks ago

We enjoyed the Courtyard by Marriott in Hunt Valley on 2 separate trips this summer. The staff members were extremely courteous, pleasant, helpful and accommodating. The server/ bartender at the bistro was very nice as well. The rooms were clean ( we stayed in a suite). The pool was clean... I took my 3 rambunctious kids to use it around 4 pm on a Saturday and we were the only ones there. The pool attendant kept scolding my kids about splashing and being rowdy (they were plying Marco Polo quite loudly)......well, let me rephrase that....she looked up from her smartphone every once in awhile to scold my kids. I thought it was odd that you can only swim certain hours when the lifeguard is on duty , but then the lifeguard is scrolling and texting the whole time you are there......that was the only negative of our stay at this hotel though.
We would definitely sty there again.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Bluffton, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2014

We've moved away from this area, but always stay at this hotel when visiting Baltimore area because of the location. We had an exhausting trip this time with horrible weather, but found our room fresh, with crisp linens. We left early in the morning and thought we did a last minute check to ensure that nothing was left behind on 12/7/2014. It wasn't the end of our trip South and I thought I had packed my Nexxus tablet away because I didn't need it the rest of the trip. I still didn't need my big suitcase or the tablet when we arrived home. It sat, unpacked until 12/16 when the tablet was nowhere to be found, just the charger. After searching the car, house, other bags, I called the hotel by chance and spoke to Ashley. Well, it was found by Angela and I am assuming she is part of the housekeeping/maintenance staff. They promptly mailed it to me. What a relief. My thanks to Angela, Walter, Ashley, and of course the hotel manager, Laura Kyle.

Room Tip: Express your needs/wishes to the reservation desk and they will try their best.
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2014

I' ve stayed at this Courtyard before and was not impressed, but this time things were better and I was upgraded to a suite. Check in was very good and friendly. Room was clean. Door between rooms was not sound proof and I could hear people in next room. Location is quiet and convenient to things in the area.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2014

Keeping in mind is a courtyard they do a fantastic job the entire staff is very friendly. I stay at this location frequently for business and is perfect for my needs. General Manager is very personable as well.

Stayed December 2014, traveled with friends

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Baltimore Hunt Valley? Share your experiences!