Our son was accepted into the Sound of America Honor band and chorus which involved him staying several days at Elizabethtown College and then embarking on a 17 day trip to Europe. He would stay in the dorms at the college most of the time.
We scouted out hotels near the area (within an hour) as we would be there for 5 nights. It was the week of July 4th, so prices were inflated, not to mention it was very near to Hershey Park Amusement Park. So, we had a double whamee with this particular trip.
I found the Marriott Courtyard which seemed to be located in a residential setting away from the "hubbub" of congestion. We could not have been happier with this hotel. It was EXACTLY as protrayed on the internet.
Across from it was a quaint mainly outdoor mall with a separate Wegman's grocery in the square. This would come in particularly handy since the room was equipped with a modern kitchenette with all the extras. Plates, silverware, pans were included along with fridge, stove, microwave, and coffeepot. The living room was also spacious with flat screen tv. The bedroom was separated by a door...yay and the bed was comfortable! The staff were ALWAYS helpful and friendly. The free continental was the typical type you would expect and they offered scrambled (powder) eggs and 1 meat.
I would definitely go back if we need to stay near Hershey Park again. It was also close to the Baltimore harbor area, which was a rain out on the day we decided to go. We did not use the pool or excercise room, but they both looked nice and were depicted properly in the photos. The FREE wireless internet came in handy as well.
Normally, I can find something "bad" or "subpar" to say about a hotel stay, but I was extremely satisfied with this stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Courtyard Marriott Baltimore Hunt Valley hotel is located in the suburbs, north of downtown Baltimore. Easily accessible via I-83 to Baltimore's downtown, this hotel is in easy reach of the Baltimore Convention Center, Baltimore Inner Harbor, Raven's Stadium and Camden Yards. This hotel has earned the prestigious Energy Star label from the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency for its efforts to conserve water and energy and protect the environment. In addition, the Courtyard Marriott Baltimore Hunt Valley's rural setting is convenient to Oregon Ridge Park, the Maryland Masonic Home/Bonnie Blink, as well as, the Northern Central Railroad Trail. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, BookIt.com, Odigeo, Priceline and Hotels.com so you can book your Courtyard by Marriott Baltimore Hunt Valley reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard By Marriott Baltimore Hunt Valley Hotel Hunt Valley
- Courtyard Hunt Valley
- Courtyard Baltimore Hunt Valley
- Hunt Valley Marriott
- Hunt Valley Courtyard