I know that Courtyards are geared toward business travelers, but we have always enjoyed the atmosphere and design of Courtyards for family vacations.
We recently stayed at this Courtyard on a family vacation. The design of the sink being outside of the toilet/shower room works great, especially for families/multiple people in the room. The room was very comfortable and the beds comfortable and clean.
I did not give 5 stars/Excellent rating for 1 reason and it is a corporate one (other Courtyards have it): the lack of the free breakfast and the inclusion of a "Bistro" where you must pay for everything. Coffee is now Starbucks--you must go to your room for a "free" cup of coffee. Considering that we are already paying a premium for a Courtyard room, the removal of the free breakfast stings. It is a tacked-on extra expense that must be included in your planning. I felt sorry for families I saw paying for the breakfast. I wondered if they had planned on that expense.
And the food was lousy--not as good as the "free breakfast" used to be.
The remodeled lobby was very modern and the plants/grass they used for decorations there and in the Bistro made me think they had been brought from the planet Zenon. (Who has orange grass?!) What a contrast to the lobby with a free cup of coffee on arrival and a relaxing, homey feel and a free breakfast!
Otherwise, the staff was friendly and helpful. Everything seemed clean and in working order. I would definitely stay here again, planning on the extra expense of breakfast somewhere else.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Courtyard Marriott Baltimore Hunt Valley hotel is located in the suburbs, north of downtown Baltimore. Easily accessible via I-83 to Baltimore's downtown, this hotel is in easy reach of the Baltimore Convention Center, Baltimore Inner Harbor, Raven's Stadium and Camden Yards. This hotel has earned the prestigious Energy Star label from the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency for its efforts to conserve water and energy and protect the environment. In addition, the Courtyard Marriott Baltimore Hunt Valley's rural setting is convenient to Oregon Ridge Park, the Maryland Masonic Home/Bonnie Blink, as well as, the Northern Central Railroad Trail. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Marriott, Tingo, Hotels.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Venere and Otel so you can book your Courtyard by Marriott Baltimore Hunt Valley reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard By Marriott Baltimore Hunt Valley Hotel Hunt Valley
- Courtyard Hunt Valley
- Courtyard Baltimore Hunt Valley
- Hunt Valley Courtyard
- Hunt Valley Marriott