I checked in on 8/11/13 for a short business trip. Check in was fine, but I asked about local restaurants. I was in the mood for Greek, but the staff couldn't give me any recommendations. I said I would just google it. A few minutes later, after arriving to my room, I got a call from the front desk clerk that she had googled and found some Greek options for me in the area.
It turns out a great little Greek restaurant was less than 5 minutes away, Yasou Greek Bistro, and I had a great meal. I appreciated the clerk's interest in my needs and she went above and beyond in looking up the restaurant and bringing the info to me in my room.
The room itself looks like every other Courtyard. It was clean and free of odors. With Courtyard's physical appearance being the same wherever you go, what makes the difference is staff who stand out for customer service. I really appreciated the kindness here!
Also, the location was convenient. The hotel is right off interstate 83 and across from a large shopping area with various chain restaurants including Chipotle, Carrabbas, etc. The shopping center contains a Barnes and Noble, Dicks, Sears, and other retailers. It would be a good place to kill some time and is less than 3 minutes from the hotel and walking distance if you're a good walker.
Chick fil a, McDonalds, and Burger King are also close by, along with gas stations, etc. It seems to be a quiet area despite the convenience of so many restaurants/shopping.
Odds are, I won't be back in this area, but if so, I would definitely stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Courtyard Marriott Baltimore Hunt Valley hotel is located in the suburbs, north of downtown Baltimore. Easily accessible via I-83 to Baltimore's downtown, this hotel is in easy reach of the Baltimore Convention Center, Baltimore Inner Harbor, Raven's Stadium and Camden Yards. This hotel has earned the prestigious Energy Star label from the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency for its efforts to conserve water and energy and protect the environment. In addition, the Courtyard Marriott Baltimore Hunt Valley's rural setting is convenient to Oregon Ridge Park, the Maryland Masonic Home/Bonnie Blink, as well as, the Northern Central Railroad Trail. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, BookIt.com, Orbitz and Hotels.com so you can book your Courtyard by Marriott Baltimore Hunt Valley reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard By Marriott Baltimore Hunt Valley Hotel Hunt Valley
- Courtyard Hunt Valley
- Courtyard Baltimore Hunt Valley
- Hunt Valley Marriott
- Hunt Valley Courtyard