I used to gravitate towards Courtyard because of brand loyalty. After four visits to the Hunt Valley / Baltimore hotel I have changed my mind. The brand has been placed in the hands of a staff that is not prepared for the task.
Let me begin with Wendy the front desk attendant. I called and asked for a one half hour extended checkout on a Sunday afternoon. She not only said a very blunt "No!" but she repeated it, "No, no, no, NO!" We have already reached our limit of late check out, NO!
I was fearful that someone had a weapon to her back while we talked. Poor poor woman.
Go across the lobby to the bar/ deli. First if the prices wont kill your visit, then the young lady at the service counter will. With a flat personality, a depressing personal presence and a listless response to your food or drink request you won't be coming back.
The evening/ night clerk was as useless as anyone I could write about in my dreams. I called and informed him my sink was running slow and filling up. He came over, crawled under the sink, shook the pipe and said nothing then left. That was it. Nothing more..Nothing said, Nothing done.
Today, I called at 3:20 p.m. to speak to a manager. Ashley put me on hold and Im still on hold at 3:37. Its so disappointing that its almost comical.
The bright spot is the housekeeping lady. An african american, stout, 30 something. Charming to the core. Friendly. All that a hotel staff person should be. I wish I had noted her name. Chaaaaarming.
So, all I can say is Mariott team you have you work cut out for you. The brand image is the hands of folks who are not up to the task. The prices in the deli are killer. The staff needs to go back to school Get housekeeping to teach the manager and front desk how to run this place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Courtyard Marriott Baltimore Hunt Valley hotel is located in the suburbs, north of downtown Baltimore. Easily accessible via I-83 to Baltimore's downtown, this hotel is in easy reach of the Baltimore Convention Center, Baltimore Inner Harbor, Raven's Stadium and Camden Yards. This hotel has earned the prestigious Energy Star label from the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency for its efforts to conserve water and energy and protect the environment. In addition, the Courtyard Marriott Baltimore Hunt Valley's rural setting is convenient to Oregon Ridge Park, the Maryland Masonic Home/Bonnie Blink, as well as, the Northern Central Railroad Trail. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Priceline, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Marriott, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Hotels.com, Agoda and Otel so you can book your Courtyard by Marriott Baltimore Hunt Valley reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard By Marriott Baltimore Hunt Valley Hotel Hunt Valley
- Courtyard Hunt Valley
- Courtyard Baltimore Hunt Valley
- Hunt Valley Courtyard
- Hunt Valley Marriott