This past weekend we visited the area for Basketball Holiday Classic.
The hotel lobby was newly renovated! The Marriott group sales person (Ola- corp office) and the Hotel manger on site were very helpful and personable.
When using GPS note that you need to plug in "Cockeysvilles" MD for the address and not Hunt Valley
Checking in... "Sonika" ( I believe her name was) was great, she was quick, professional but warm and welcoming!!!!
Our rooms (3rd floor) ...typical of the courtyards were clean and neat. Hallways and carpet clean.
The ice machine area had a door which made it great for NOT hearing the ice machine in the middle of the night. ( our room was a few doors down....never heard not one ice cube drop....smile).
king size bed overflowing with pillows and Free internet was available in the room.
The pool small but nice, and the fitness room ...OK for 3 people ( all the machines were in working condition)
The New lobby had the large touch screen computer ...large TV area and computer center
and of course the new style Bistro and sitting areas.
The inner courtyard seem to be nice ( due to the snow and cold weather I didn't pay much attention to the details there.)
Our group had a private room for breakfast, which was nice ( a little tight...but OK)...the staff was great and keep everything replenished!
.....One complaint...they failed to cover the tables were we sat to eat, I felt like we were in a grade school cafe with hard brown tables.... but other than that the serving tables were covered and well stocked.
The surrounding area was great..a Large mall and eateries down and the street.
The hotel was set back on a single street, which made it good, not a lot of traffic, but one block away was a very nice mall area that had more than enough stores and places to eat ...that could satisfy everyone ( young and old alike).
Outback was our first stop... then The Green Turtle which was located in the Mall , but had a exterior entrance near Dicks ( back upper parking area of the mall)
The green Trutle also had a great BOGO coupon which came in handy...( buy one get one ) It was a sports bar, family friendly though!
About 10 minutes away was the Townson Mall in Townson Maryland ....another great place if you have the time.
During our stay it started to snow ( for the remaining portion of our stay there).
The hotel was mindful of the wet snow and areas surrounding the hotel.
It actually became rather cozy ...our little Winter wonderland weekend at the Holiday classic!
As a Marriott type family...this hotel was what you should expect from a Courtyard Marriott! I would recommend this area hotel for families and groups.
( Note the pics you may see on the website maybe older pics of Courtyards by Marriott....the bedding is different -upgraded... white and tan and lobby new)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Courtyard Marriott Baltimore Hunt Valley hotel is located in the suburbs, north of downtown Baltimore. Easily accessible via I-83 to Baltimore's downtown, this hotel is in easy reach of the Baltimore Convention Center, Baltimore Inner Harbor, Raven's Stadium and Camden Yards. This hotel has earned the prestigious Energy Star label from the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency for its efforts to conserve water and energy and protect the environment. In addition, the Courtyard Marriott Baltimore Hunt Valley's rural setting is convenient to Oregon Ridge Park, the Maryland Masonic Home/Bonnie Blink, as well as, the Northern Central Railroad Trail. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your Courtyard by Marriott Baltimore Hunt Valley reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard By Marriott Baltimore Hunt Valley Hotel Hunt Valley
- Courtyard Hunt Valley
- Courtyard Baltimore Hunt Valley
- Hunt Valley Courtyard
- Hunt Valley Marriott