My wife and I stayed at this Marriott on a Friday in February while in Baltimore on business. We have stayed in the Hunt Valley area before because of its easy access to Baltimore and abundance of dining and shopping opportunities. We have previously stayed at the "older" Marriott here which I reviewed last year as being somewhat tired and in need of an update. This was not the case with the Courtyard. It is a very modern and up to date property and we enjoyed our brief stay. We were welcomed by a friendly and efficient front desk> Our room was spacious and clean. The bed was excellent with a superb mattress. The sofa in the room left a little to be desired as it was older and not very comfortable. The new flat screen television was excellent . The listing of channels card was great as it listed both by number of channel and on the opposite side alphabetically. I had not seen this before and it was a nice small touch. The room was quiet - with one exception. A Bates College mens athletic team was also staying there and a few of the "boys" came in late and made considerable noise in the hall near our room. This was nothing the staff could have prevented and they soon quieted down, but---.
We had an excellent buffet breakfast the next morning in a pleasant sun-filled dining area staffed by very friendly folks. The breakfast was included in our room rate- something I was told would not be the case when I made my phone reservation through a central Marriott reservation service- so we were pleasantly surprised when the front desk clerk indicated breakfast was included. It was a good breakfast with fresh eggs and potatoes, bacon, sausage. There was fresh oatmeal and other cereals as well as our choice of juice.
Checkout was smooth and efficient.
An overall pleasant experience. We would certainly stay again. I thought their "Market" area in the lobby was excellent even though we did not purchase anything there. It was well stocked with a wide variety of items at fair prices.
Oh, I forgot, the bath and toilet were in a separate room from the sink- which we always appreciate; but this separate area had no exhaust fan- which we found odd- but not an issue.
There is a large shopping plaza almost within walking distance with a movie theater and many casual to upscale dining options. We ate at a California Pizza Kitchen and the food and service were excellent. My wife enjoyed shopping at the nearby Talbots Outlet and a Chicos in the Plaza while I bought a few items at a Joseph Banks.
There is a light rail service close by to Baltimore, although we have not used it- but it makes visiting Baltimore even more convenient.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Courtyard Marriott Baltimore Hunt Valley hotel is located in the suburbs, north of downtown Baltimore. Easily accessible via I-83 to Baltimore's downtown, this hotel is in easy reach of the Baltimore Convention Center, Baltimore Inner Harbor, Raven's Stadium and Camden Yards. This hotel has earned the prestigious Energy Star label from the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency for its efforts to conserve water and energy and protect the environment. In addition, the Courtyard Marriott Baltimore Hunt Valley's rural setting is convenient to Oregon Ridge Park, the Maryland Masonic Home/Bonnie Blink, as well as, the Northern Central Railroad Trail. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Odigeo, Hotels.com and Expedia so you can book your Courtyard by Marriott Baltimore Hunt Valley reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard By Marriott Baltimore Hunt Valley Hotel Hunt Valley
- Courtyard Hunt Valley
- Courtyard Baltimore Hunt Valley
- Hunt Valley Courtyard
- Hunt Valley Marriott